+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Would it be wrong to just sit and sleep and do nothing?

Currently in Abu Dhabi til tomorrow night. My check out is lunch but the reception guy said I could check out at 2pm pending on reservations tomorrow.

I don't really have the money to go shopping unfortunately coz I still had to pay all my usual things and send money home for kiddo for food etc.

Would it be wrong to just chill at my hotel? Travelling all the way to a country just to stay in a hotel? I just did 12 days in Egypt. My calves are so sore atm(not sure if it's from all the walking or from flying perhaps coz they have been sore since the start of my trip).

I could always venture out at night time pending on how I feel but my hotel has an amazing bath, amazing bed along with a tv that has English tv channels too plus a beautiful pool outside as well. Plus it's quite warm outside too so wouldn't want to go out with the heat, it was still extremely warm last night when I arrived at the hotel just before 10pm.

Once I check out tomorrow, I will be hanging around at the air port until my flight leaves for back home(14 hour direct flight). My flight doesn't leave til 10pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Everyone reaches a point in their travels they just need to say stuff the touristy stuff I'm doing nothing. And that's ok.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (22-05-2016),green tea  (23-05-2016),MsViking  (22-05-2016),Ngaiz  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd regret being somewhere like that for a short time and not exploring at all. I think going out for a look around in the evening and then having a big sleep in/swim/relax tomorrow before going to the airport would be what i would do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd have a rest day. You can always go out later. I am guessing it is hot anyway so I would wait for evening if anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I just booked a desert safari. Get picked up about 3:30pm and will get back about 10pm.

It's quite warm here currently. Dry heat thankfully without the humidy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have a great time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Once I check out tomorrow, I will be hanging around at the air port until my flight leaves for back home(14 hour direct flight). My flight doesn't leave til 10pm.
    Can you check out and spend a few hours relaxing by the pool then head to the airport in time for check in? That's what we did recently. Checked out at 1pm, then stayed at the hotel by the pool until 6pm and headed to the airport for a 10pm flight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Can you check out and spend a few hours relaxing by the pool then head to the airport in time for check in? That's what we did recently. Checked out at 1pm, then stayed at the hotel by the pool until 6pm and headed to the airport for a 10pm flight.
    Too hot to be staying at the pool all day otherwise it would be an idea. I could see if I could stay for the day and have a day pack for swimming or even just sitting in the air con for air few hours. Will ask reception later

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Too hot to be staying at the pool all day otherwise it would be an idea. I could see if I could stay for the day and have a day pack for swimming or even just sitting in the air con for air few hours. Will ask reception later
    I know when we have travelled they have let us check out and store our luggage there and we could still use the hotel facilities until we had to go to the airport

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No harm in having a relax. Youve packed a fair bit into your holiday maybe its time for a bit of rest before you head home and get stuck back into everyday life again