+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so jealous of all of you that have enclosed back yards! We have none. Front yard cannot be fenced and leads to the road. I'd love ms2 to have freedom to play outside without me hovering but obviously she can't. It's been a real issue for me I'd have moved, but dp didn't get it. So our house is always a mess cus I can't get anything done as she loves being outside!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I allow it in an enclosed yard from about 18 months, keeping an eye on them through the window. Properly 'outside', as in not in a yard, I'm not doing that any time soon and my oldest is 5. The road is too dangerous. He's got some road sense but not enough. Although other kids in his class who live down the road are allowed to roam free!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    I'm so jealous of all of you that have enclosed back yards! We have none. Front yard cannot be fenced and leads to the road. I'd love ms2 to have freedom to play outside without me hovering but obviously she can't. It's been a real issue for me I'd have moved, but dp didn't get it. So our house is always a mess cus I can't get anything done as she loves being outside!
    What about taking her to the park on the way home from school drop off? Then tv or some inside activities to amuse herself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Once they could walk I'd happily let them toddle and play outside unsupervised! My yards were always enclosed, so no biggie, I'd just check on them every few minutes through the window and do housework without destruction right behind me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Since about 2 yrs old. We have dogs but my daughter is scared of them for some unknown reason so she doesn't go near them and they don't go near her. She only likes playing on her trampoline mostly anyway so it's only 15-20 mins that she'll play out there. I am usually in the kitchen and I can see the trampoline from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From about 12 months for my first child and pretty much from birth for my second! She loved laying on a rug or in the bouncer under a tree. If she was happy I would pop inside and grab the wet washing or put food in the oven. My yard is fenced, no obvious dangers and I can see them from the kitchen. The length of time that they are unsupervised gets longer as they are getting bigger. I generally just follow my gut. If they are playing over the side that is out of view, if I feel like they might be looking for mischief or if they are bothering each other I won't leave them but if they are happily pottering then I defiantly take the chance to get stuff done inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With ds1 we had 2 dogs so we would never leave him unattended until probably 3 or so. We had the front grassed fenced when ds2 came along so the dogs were ok from then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1 is 5 and maybe for the last 6 months ive been ok with it and encouraging it.he prefers me with him though.

our yard is fully enclosed. He can open the gates but knows not to.

For me, daddy has some junk stacked behind the shed etc and i just don't think it's safe until i could trust he wouldn't go near it or touch it.