+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When to see a fs?

Hi just wondering people's thoughts on the subject .. I've been ttc since November m/c in late February-March , stared trying again now since April .. I had some pre conception blood work done after the mc and it was ok just wondering since it's now been 6 months should I be looking into seeing someone or is this too soon ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    DH and I both had tests at 12 months. My understanding is (unless it's a male factor infertility) they won't see you before 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My answer would change depending on age, whether you have consistently tracked ovulation, if you have previously been diagnosed with anything such as PCO/PCOS that can affect fertility.

If you have not tracked ovulation I would suggest you start this now. Mostly start temping and you can use OPK's if you do not have PCOS (as it can give false positives). And track them using a fertility tracker. This will help if you go see a dr/FS.

Generally I would say wait 12 months sometimes longer. Unless you have had multiple m/c's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the general guidelines is 12 months for under 35's and 6 months for over 35's which sounds pretty reasonable to me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default When to see a fs?

as others have said, 12 months generally of unsuccessful ttc if under 35. personally if I was 33/34 and nothing had happened after 6 months, I'd go and talk to a doctor anyway. I'd just bluff and add 6 months to my ttc journey lol. but I'm
    impatient and would rather find out sooner than later if there's an issue that needs to be addressed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I'm 29 turning 30 I do have regular periods I'm probabaly just being paranoid just thought I was so lucky to fall pregnant in 3 months and then the m/c and now another 3 months have gone by I guess only 2 of those I actively tried so just wondering if there is something more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachi321 View Post
    Thanks I'm 29 turning 30 I do have regular periods I'm probabaly just being paranoid just thought I was so lucky to fall pregnant in 3 months and then the m/c and now another 3 months have gone by I guess only 2 of those I actively tried so just wondering if there is something more
    We started trying in nov. Fell pregnant 2nd cycle. Missed miscarriage early feb. Just found out I'm pregnant again after 3 months trying

I would wait it out a bit longer. The fact that you did fall pregnant should suggest there's not an issue falling pregnant