+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I read some comments with articles about transgender people using the public bathrooms of the gender that they identify with. I thought it was a no-brainer - turns out not everyone feels this way. The narrow-mindedness, lack of forethought and general ignorance was mind blowing.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (21-05-2016),Ngaiz  (21-05-2016),Renn  (23-05-2016),Stretched  (21-05-2016),Tiny Dancer  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I sometimes go into comments thinking they will all away one way and everyone is really the opposite. It shows just how easily you can think one thing is the obvious answer when it's clearly not (or it might be and you're just the minority).

I try to avoid commenting unless it's just light hearted chatter because the last time I got into an argument it went for days and I ended up so angry. I was called horrific and very personal names. I wasn't even arguing about the topic as such, more so that I felt it inappropriate for her to literally say that parents who don't give their children alternative medicines first are abusive and deserve to have their children removed. I just tried to stand up for the parents she was shaming.
    Now, I just write really long replies, get it all out of my system, then delete it instead of posting and move on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (21-05-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The Andrew Chan and Myuran (Bali drug smugglers) news article comments were sickening. And shockingly it seemed that the majority felt those men deserved to die/got was they deserved. Thinking back on that still angers me today. I remember thinking how much I despised most of the human race after the whole execution thing. Definitely changed my view on the goodness in this world and left me feeling very disappointed and disgusted.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-05-2016),Mokeybear  (21-05-2016),Moxy  (21-05-2016),Stretched  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "The Comments" is primarily the reason I took a FB hiatus. I found myself getting way too riled up about people's lack of empathy and general douchebaggery. I'm back on it now but don't follow news links or anything. I steer clear now.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (21-05-2016),Stretched  (21-05-2016),~Marigold~  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    "The Comments" is primarily the reason I took a FB hiatus. I found myself getting way too riled up about people's lack of empathy and general douchebaggery. I'm back on it now but don't follow news links or anything. I steer clear now.
    I wish I didn't have to see everything friends 'like' or comment on. This is where I get reeled in. Is there a way I can stop it from happening?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Now, I just write really long replies, get it all out of my system, then delete it instead of posting and move on.
    I do that all the time on here as well!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I wish I didn't have to see everything friends 'like' or comment on. This is where I get reeled in. Is there a way I can stop it from happening?
    You can change it so you don't see them. From memory you hold your mouse over their name, select likes/comments and uncheck that option. Downside is you need to do each friend individually.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Dust For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last article I remember reading that made me angry was the LGBT+ school program that, you know...teaches acceptance and helps students questioning their gender and sexual identity figure out who they are. I don't understand how logically people can compare that to pedophilia??? I find the articles that have to do with trans issues in particular are filled with the most hate...not just ignorance, but outright, unapologetic hate. I can't fathom how anyone can be okay with being that kind of person. It makes me feel like there is so much hatred in the world it drowns out the kindness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I often find myself avoiding reading comments as they can really bring you down and you lose faith in humanity.

One of the worst things about the internet is that it's given so many awful people a platform to spew their opinions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't read the comments anymore. They make me want to jump through the computer screen and punch people.