+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bali.... where to stay

Hi

I am taking myself away in september to Bali.

I am going for 8-10 nights and am looking at Sanur or Seminyak.

Any resort /hotel suggestions?

Whats the best way to get from the airport to the resort/hotel?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did a solo trip in 2011 to Bali. Stayed at Niksoma on the Legian/Seminyak border. The Maharta next door also looked lovely & less expensive. Views of the beach, great inexpensive restaurant, spas/cafes/shopping right at your doorstep.
    I did a cycling day tour to Ubud which was amazing.
    We always organise a driver to pick us up from the airport, it's just less hassle. Often hotels will offer transfers for a small fee.
    Or you could try Ubud? It's not near the beach but very serene. I've stayed at the Alam Shanti (the family own a bunch of boutique hotels in the same village) which was very beautiful, peaceful & quite cheap!
    Haven't stayed in Sanur yet so can't comment.
    You'll ave a lovely time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    I did a solo trip in 2011 to Bali. Stayed at Niksoma on the Legian/Seminyak border. The Maharta next door also looked lovely & less expensive. Views of the beach, great inexpensive restaurant, spas/cafes/shopping right at your doorstep.
    I did a cycling day tour to Ubud which was amazing.
    We always organise a driver to pick us up from the airport, it's just less hassle. Often hotels will offer transfers for a small fee.
    Or you could try Ubud? It's not near the beach but very serene. I've stayed at the Alam Shanti (the family own a bunch of boutique hotels in the same village) which was very beautiful, peaceful & quite cheap!
    Haven't stayed in Sanur yet so can't comment.
    You'll ave a lovely time.
    Thanks so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last time I flew with Air Asia you could add transfers onto the ticket. It was about $13 for the whole car which was a nice comfortable minivan. Hassle free to get to yr accomodation.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bali.... where to stay

When you get of the plane, and get all your bags walk past all the people who say 'taxi?' Walk towards the exit there will be a taxi counter. This is regulated and fixed price. You just tell them where you want to go, pay them, and they point you to a taxi operator.
    I really like Seminyak, we have stayed there 2 out of the 3 times I've been, my DH likes legion and Kuta better.

We stayed at the Trans Resort last time which was really nice and close to eat street and all the seminyak shops. Check out the luxury escapes website as they often have really good deals. Next time I think we will stay closer to the beach.
    Last edited by Becsib; 22-05-2016 at 07:51.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Becsib For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    Last time I flew with Air Asia you could add transfers onto the ticket. It was about $13 for the whole car which was a nice comfortable minivan. Hassle free to get to yr accomodation.
    Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Becsib View Post
    When you get of the plane, and get all your bags walk past all the people who say 'taxi?' Walk towards the exit there will be a taxi counter. This is regulated and fixed price. You just tell them where you want to go, pay them, and they point you to a taxi operator.
    I really like Seminyak, we have stayed there 2 out of the 3 times I've been, my DH likes legion and Kuta better.

We stayed at the Trans Resort last time which was really nice and close to eat street and all the seminyak shops. Check out the luxury escapes website as they often have really good deals. Next time I think we will stay closer to the beach.
    Thank you. Will check out the resort you mentioned

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would choose Seminyak over Sanur if you're by yourself. Sanur is super quiet and without much interesting people watching I would be bored out of my brain.

I second the fixed price taxi stand at the airport, just make sure you have a small amount of money changed to pay cash for it.

I miss my solo Bali trips!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used the Fixed price taxi stand too. About 100000 IDR ($11) to benoa near nusa dua.. 50 000 IDR ($6) to Tuban