Child free time | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When ds1 was 7 months I went back to work part time and being able to sit in a coffee shop over my lunch hour reading a book was heaven!! Now I've been a sahm for a year and a half with 2 little ones and the only down time j get is when they are in bed. My dh would take them out if I asked but he's not great at thinking ahead and offering so I just get into the habit of not bothering. Stupidly if I do get some alone time to go to dr appointment for example I end up rushing back as I feel guilty that I've left dh on his own with the 2 of them. Crazy I know as he's always fine but it means I dont actually enjoy the alone time. Can't wait to be in a position to go back to work and get some of the real me back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a single mum anymore, but my kids used to stay at their dad's each f/night until he found a gf and no longer wants to see them..
    But once a month my inlaws take them for a night. It's great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I find when I have my alone time I am twiddling my thumbs wondering what to do with myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I find my child free time is usually when he is at school(I try to sleep because I work night shift 4 or 5 nights a week). Usually once or twice a week I am home alone before work for a few hours so will usually sleep if I can, clean the house, watch TV, spend time with my best friend pending on what he is doing. Sometimes I might even go into work and do a longer shift if I can.

I work most weekends so if I manage to get a Saturday night off, might try and catch up with a friend but usually I have my name down to work or I am in bed by 8pm as hadn't slept during the day(work every Friday night).

I have found with kiddo about to turn 9, being able to sit and do my own thing is so much easier. He is happy to entertain himself which is a bonus really. It's much easier when they are older