+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child free time

How good would it be to have child free time to go see a movie or something!

Or a night out.

Does anyone else feel the same way sometimes?

I know this time will pass, but it's tiring sometimes.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brain For This Useful Post:

DT75  (21-05-2016),NAT2561  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    absolutely,
    I have my two boys 99% ofthe time and the second one only goes to see his father for four hours, when it suits him.

Id love a little me time lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would settle for child free time to sleep or finish a coffee!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heck yes! Drink a HOT coffee, read something, lounge around in bed or go to a cafe on my own. Love my children but I'm more than just a mother, I'm an individual with my own interests and needs. At the moment I can't even find time to get dressed on my own let alone have 'me' time. Is an hour a week to much to ask! That would be luxury, I'm positive my kids would benefit too, it's amazing what a small break can do for your sense of wellbeing

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Koarlo For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hell yes! We heavily rely on babysitter swap so that we get some children free time at least once a fortnight...

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    have to admit, as much as I loved the baby/little one years - I am happy that she goes to school and I get some child-free time.

Being able to go to the toilet alone, that 10 minutes after she has left for school to sit and have a coffee (my FIL walks her to school so he picks her up) ... actually getting her to MAKE me a coffee its bliss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I just let you know, that this baby phase passes really, really fast!

I'm a single parent, I am super fortunate that I have 100% parental responsibility. That baby phase passed super super fast! All of a sudden, I have a 5 year old (nearly 6!) who's in year 1, and a 4 year old in kinder (5 days a fortnight), I MISS them when they're at school! I am also fortunate enough that I can be a volunteer at school, so I'm there as a parent helper, I do reading groups, I am there for every sports day, fundraiser or parent info day. I attend assembly and everything else.

But I still miss my kids while they're at school.

As hard as those early days with little kids at home can be, please appreciate them?!! They really do go too fast!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your responses.

It's amazing how much less alone I feel when other people can comprehend my experiences

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brain For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (22-05-2016),nh2489  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, this is the first time I've been on here and it's so nice to see I'm really not alone. Thank you everyone for sharing. I'm a single mom to my beautiful little 4 year old girl. Her dad is still around but only sees her for a few hours a week (he has never even taken her overnight) he is more like a play friend she sees for a few hours a week - he shares no responsibility for actually helping to raise her. The fact that he is 15 mins away and could be a huge part of her life makes it feel even more lonely and hard. I also suffer from chronic pain in my knee after like 30+ operations which makes day to day life of running after a toddler extremely difficult and I am often left feeling guilty that she deserves more. She is my everything I am so devoted to her, I just want her to be happy and have everything she deserves. Does that make sense?
    I just thought I'd say hi, nice to meet others that may be in a similar situation. Thanks
    Shells

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shwadey For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! I completely understand this feeling too. I'm a single mum of twins (nearly 3 years old) and i have 100 per cent care with no other help. But.....i HAVE found a way to get an hour for me. I go to the local gym and swim laps. They have a free creche and i aim to go twice a week....but so far have mostly only managed once a week with so many other responsibilities taking priority! I've never been much of an exercise person but swimming in my "me time" seems to be a great stress reliever and definitely time in my own world, not talking to anyone. I swim for a solid half hour then take ten minutes in the spa before showering and collecting my girls. It's only one hour but it's amazing what a difference it has made. And i think it's a great example to my girls of looking after myself too.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (22-05-2016)