+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloune View Post
    Yes I am doing OPK and hubby is aware of it (he is pretty excited about the idea of having a baby, so he lets me do my TTC things haha) , dpo 1 today...TWW now I'll try not to do symptoms spotting !! And yes I do feel like an idiot when AF arrives 😂
    That's awesome of him. My SO feels it's too much pressure if he knows we're "in the window"... So I keep everything hidden away, dispose of things discreetly, and jump him all through the month so he doesn't know when it's the important times to conceive!
    I'm dpo 6 & I have one symptom that's unusual for me, but I'm writing it off as something else so I don't get my hopes up. Maybe an early AF. My cycle has been earlier than usual this month, no idea why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thescientist View Post
    Hey! We've been trying since Jan, but I had an 8 week mc in March and have been trying ever since 😞

We haven't told anyone we are trying and yep it's super isolating. Come join us in the ttc groups if you haven't already ☺️
    Sorry for your loss. Fx for better with the next x

Thanks for the invite! Finding I want to chat about newby experiences at the moment though... There's still so much to learn and not many threads on the top or buy-in from "the wise" ( with all due respect)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachi321 View Post
    @MUG81 it has been good with people knowing have chatted with a lot of people at work who are struggling to fall pregnant and have had mcs in the past it's nice to know you're not alone .. My other friends have been supportive no questioning or whatever like are you pregnant yet I think people understand that it's not as easy as trying a month unprotected sex voila baby lol
    It's great that you've got the support! I'm a little jelly, but also glad that some others like yourself aren't feeling as lonesome as me. What beautiful people you have in your life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MUG81 View Post
    I'm in a similar position. My only female friend I can talk to atm just popped out #3, and when we spoke about it she's not had many problems with any of them. She had good advice with the OPKs and stuff, so that's been helpful. Now she's a walking zombie, so back on my own! My other gal pals just aren't right: not trying, not interested (childless by choice), or it just isn't on their radar. Lonesville.
    What's your plan TTC?
    My plan is fortunately already in action and waiting. Only a few days off AF and feeling very very off, moreso than just AF symptoms, so Fx.
    Fortunately, the women around me are...far from great mother-material (all have lost their children to CPS) so I have no interest in asking their advice but I personally have no close friends to just....unload!! Im feeling so pent up right now and a little lost...its great having this medium to speak with other ladies in a similar position.
    Sending baby dust your way

[edit: I have a seperate post explaining current symptoms and ttc plan in detail, if you can be bothered reading the novel 😂"
    Last edited by Amylee1993; 23-05-2016 at 21:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for your loss. Fx for better with the next x

Thanks for the invite! Finding I want to chat about newby experiences at the moment though... There's still so much to learn and not many threads on the top or buy-in from "the wise" ( with all due respect)
    Haha fair enough!

Do I count as a newbie lol, this is our third month trying with our first.

I do find it particularly hard to track with people who already have kids, I feel even more left out!

Good luck with it all ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thescientist View Post
    Haha fair enough!

Do I count as a newbie lol, this is our third month trying with our first.

I do find it particularly hard to track with people who already have kids, I feel even more left out!

Good luck with it all ☺️
    Oh heck yes, I think its still all new this early on! Or maybe I'm a late bloomer, as I only discovered this online community 4 months into TTC!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's hard ttc when you haven't told anyone, which is why i found this forum so great and helpful. It took us 8 months to conceive our dd and it probably would have taken a lot longer if i wasn't on here getting helpful tips from other ladies and realising my cycles were too short after 5 months of trying.

We will be ttc again in a couple of months so will be jumping on the lonely bandwagon again.
    Last edited by curlybird; 24-05-2016 at 00:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybird View Post
    It's hard ttc when you haven't told anyone, which is why i found this forum so great and helpful. It took us 8 months to conceive our dd and it probably would have taken a lot longer if i wasn't on here getting helpful tips from other ladies and realising my cycles were too short after 5 months of trying.

We will be ttc again in a couple of months so will be jumping on the lonely bandwagon again.
    Thanks for participating in this thread. Can you share any of the best tips you got in TTC DD? ... And did you just post questions to the forum, or was there a particular topic/thread you found useful?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome of him. My SO feels it's too much pressure if he knows we're "in the window"... So I keep everything hidden away, dispose of things discreetly, and jump him all through the month so he doesn't know when it's the important times to conceive!
    I'm dpo 6 & I have one symptom that's unusual for me, but I'm writing it off as something else so I don't get my hopes up. Maybe an early AF. My cycle has been earlier than usual this month, no idea why.
    Must be hard to try to hide everything from your partner! I was worried about putting pressure on hubby so I didn't tell him that I was using OPKs this month but then he started to ask me when I was going to be "fertile" haha so I told him.
    Hopefully the fact that your cycle is a little bit different this month is a good sign? Fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @MUG81 I posted my own topics if i wasn't sure on something, and participated in the monthly testing thread as well as a few others. There are lots of knowledgeable people on this forum.

You could try the sperm meets egg plan, look it up on google. Otherwise i would just suggest BDing every second day as doing it every day isn't always a good thing.

Make sure you track your cycles and check your luteal phase is long enough - mine wasn't which took me 5 months of trying to notice, i was only having a 8 - 9 day luteal phase where as you need 10 - 14 to allow long enough for an egg to stick. I ended up trying a session of acupuncture before my fertile period and it actually extended my luteal phase long enough to allow me to conceive.

Good luck, hopefully your ttc journey isn't much longer.