+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else newly TTC and feeling lonely?

I've been TTC for 4 cycles, doing all my charting (still not convinced on bbt worth) and data collection in my Ovia app. I've read books, pretty well understand my cycle (not necessarily 'normal', but my normal, so all is okay). I'm eating 'fertility foods', careful about my tea intake & have cut down to one (oh okay, occasionally 2) glorious coffee per day.

Just wanting to connect... Haven't told anyone about our decision about TTC, but man it gets lonesome when AF arrives. SO is great, but don't want to shake his enthusiasm with my own sad.
    Anyone else in a similar situation? What's helping you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't share a similar story as I am not starting to TTC until July. I feel guarded in what I share with my partner as I know I will overwhelm him with my thoughts but I have a couple of close friends whom I am sharing everything with. I know everyone is different with what they share with others but I feel as least I have people to share the good and the bad with.

I am certain you will find comfort on this forum. When I first posted, the ladies said that here is a perfect place to share thoughts with people going through similar things.

Good luck with your journey xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

MUG81  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MUG81 View Post
    I've been TTC for 4 cycles, doing all my charting (still not convinced on bbt worth) and data collection in my Ovia app. I've read books, pretty well understand my cycle (not necessarily 'normal', but my normal, so all is okay). I'm eating 'fertility foods', careful about my tea intake & have cut down to one (oh okay, occasionally 2) glorious coffee per day.

Just wanting to connect... Haven't told anyone about our decision about TTC, but man it gets lonesome when AF arrives. SO is great, but don't want to shake his enthusiasm with my own sad.
    Anyone else in a similar situation? What's helping you?
    I am feeling a little the same as you and I share little bits with my OH but don't want to annoy him too much. I haven't told anyone about our plans TTC as my sister recently went through her 3rd mc and so makes things harder talking to my family atm. I've been using opks a little and my ovi app to track my cycles.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilsushi For This Useful Post:

MUG81  (22-05-2016),Yogis Mumma  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogis Mumma View Post
    I can't share a similar story as I am not starting to TTC until July. I feel guarded in what I share with my partner as I know I will overwhelm him with my thoughts but I have a couple of close friends whom I am sharing everything with. I know everyone is different with what they share with others but I feel as least I have people to share the good and the bad with.

I am certain you will find comfort on this forum. When I first posted, the ladies said that here is a perfect place to share thoughts with people going through similar things.

Good luck with your journey xxx
    I think you're really lucky! Good on you for talking about it with people, and thanks for the reassurance... Best of luck from July!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MUG81 For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilsushi View Post
    I am feeling a little the same as you and I share little bits with my OH but don't want to annoy him too much. I haven't told anyone about our plans TTC as my sister recently went through her 3rd mc and so makes things harder talking to my family atm. I've been using opks a little and my ovi app to track my cycles.
    That sounds really difficult. When did you start TTC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MUG81,
    I'm in the same boat as you! TTC #1, only our second cycle, complicated by some fertility issues I already knew about. I'm also not wanting to over whelm DH with all in and outs of TTC, cycles, CM, etc yet. And not telling anyone else what we are doing either, so I appreciate how it can feel like a lonely place.
    Fingers crossed for you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomato For This Useful Post:

MUG81  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MUG81 View Post
    That sounds really difficult. When did you start TTC?
    This will be my second month of TTC and I am 33 and oh is 36 this will be my first and oh 3rd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
    Hi MUG81,
    I'm in the same boat as you! TTC #1, only our second cycle, complicated by some fertility issues I already knew about. I'm also not wanting to over whelm DH with all in and outs of TTC, cycles, CM, etc yet. And not telling anyone else what we are doing either, so I appreciate how it can feel like a lonely place.
    Fingers crossed for you.
    How are you staying sane?? ... (Best wishes for you too)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MUG81 For This Useful Post:

Tomato  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilsushi View Post
    This will be my second month of TTC and I am 33 and oh is 36 this will be my first and oh 3rd.
    Fingers crossed for you. Do you live with his 3? How old are they?
    Have you been recording your BBT?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ttc for 6 months had a mc in feb so a few people know we are ttc .. Everytime af arrives get kinda down its hard 😭