You are invited to participate in research investigating the effects of self-compassion on stress, self-efficacy, and behaviour in parents with a child aged 2-12 years.

Purpose of the research
Parents are faced with daily challenges related to both their care-taking role (e.g. providing for, supervising and responding to children, and household responsibilities) and stressors outside of parenting (e.g. relationship problems, financial stress or work demands). This can impact on the parent-child relationship and on the wellbeing of both parents and children. This research aims to investigate the effectiveness of a self-compassion writing exercise on parental stress, self-efficacy, and behaviour.

Who can participate?
Any parent over the age of 18 with a child between (and including) 2 – 12 years of age. This child must reside within your family home.

What is expected of me?
You will be asked to complete some online questionnaires and a writing exercise. This will take approximately 40 minutes. You may be asked to keep a journal to practice some short writing exercises between stage one and two.

After 4 weeks an email will be sent to you asking you to complete some short questionnaires. This will take approximately 20 minutes.

Incentive to participate
Completion of both stages of this study will entitle you to enter the draw to win a $100 voucher for Coles Myer.

Participation is completely voluntary, confidential and anonymous

Further Information or questions
Please don’t hesitate to contact myself: Brooke Fox - bfox7@myune.edu.au
Or my supervisor: Dr Wendy Phillips - wphilli4@une.edu.au

This research has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee of the University of New England (Approval Number - HE16-091, Valid to - 03 May, 2017).

To participate please go to:
http://unebcss.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/...hmRHEUOhgs9MRn

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Kind regards,

Brooke Fox.