+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Some friends of mine are getting married at the registry office on Melbourne and then having a 'party' after.

Something like that is always an option too.
    That is true. I wouldn't mind it. I'm not into being centre of attention but would still like a little party or something. That's a good idea though! Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Yes it sounds horrible and u can flame me all you want (I do feel guilty saying it) but if u had seen things she has gotten and planned it's not blending nicely (like I know she was planning)
    But, maybe that's her designing, and not actually really related to the cost of the wedding? Cheap doesn't have to equal tacky.
    I do think it's a bit nasty to say your best friend's wedding is going to look tacky, though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much did your wedding cost...

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    But, maybe that's her designing, and not actually really related to the cost of the wedding? Cheap doesn't have to equal tacky.
    I do think it's a bit nasty to say your best friend's wedding is going to look tacky, though.
    That's ok, you can think I'm nasty. I don't feel nice saying it but I do see where she is trying to save the money and where she is spending the most. I said it was starting to seem that way I'm not saying it will be tacky. There's a fine line between cheap and nice and cheap and tacky. In my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's ok, you can think I'm nasty. I don't feel nice saying it but I do see where she is trying to save the money and where she is spending the most. I said it was starting to seem that way I'm not saying it will be tacky. There's a fine line between cheap and nice and cheap and tacky. In my opinion.
    I know what you mean. I also think sometimes its best not to have something if it is going to be tacky.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much did your wedding cost...

I know what you mean. I also think sometimes its best not to have something if it is going to be tacky.
    Thank you. I don't mean to sound horrible and I do love my bestie and am excited for her wedding. I'm not heartless.
    I agree. Sometimes it's just best not to. Also spending money on some things rather than others.. Like necessities.. I don't understand but will be happy for her the whole time no doubt.

I do take my hat off to someone who can do a beautiful wedding (or a wedding they love) on a budget but I can also see when going the cheap option for everything isn't working. I do think it's a hard one to get right but can pay off 100%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    BIL and his wife's wedding was cheap slash tacky. she has zero taste though so it was reflected in their wedding. she had mini bubbles (like the ones you blow bubbles with) on the tables as bonbonniere and had personalized labels bearing the name of the venue (goonawarra). but she'd misspelled it and it said gonnawarra, which to my mind was one step away from gonnorhea 😂😂

they're very cheap though so I wasn't at all surprised.

I don't think there's any issue with making a simple observation. it something is tacky, it's tacky. no use pretending it's not😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    The registry office in South Yarra is a lovely alternative to the one in the city. I had mine there a few months ago.. All up I think it cost about $400-500 and then we had dinner at Maha afterwards 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some friends of mine are getting married at the registry office on Melbourne and then having a 'party' after.

Something like that is always an option too.
    That's kind of what we did. Got married on the beach with 4 people there went out for a fancy dinner. We then had a party at our place with about 30 people the next night (which was NYE).
    We did it this way as we are very private. Also a big expensive full on do is just not our thing. We spent the money on a massive honeymoon instead ($30k for an amazing 5 week adventure). Wouldn't change it for the world as it suited us perfectly!
    Do what suits you and makes you happy whether that's eloping, registry office, 4 people on a beach or a 300 guest extravaganza 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was about 8 years ago so cant remember many of the prices and we spent $20k including honeymoon.

My parents paid for my dress $1800
    Mum also is a hairdresser so did my hair.
    Photos $2500
    Cake was around $200/$300
    I did my own invites so only spent a few hundred
    Didnt have any bridesmaids

I wanted to elope and then have a big wedding/house warming party as we just built but everyone talked me out of it, I do regret not doing it though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We spent more than we were intending on our wedding. Our reception venue changed the packages about 6 months prior to our wedding (we booked 2 years ahead) and added about 60% of our original venue costs to the price 😕

Dress (incl. alterations) $2000
    Accessories (pearl and swarovski crystal headpiece and gold cubic zirconia earrings) $500
    My shoes $60
    Hair and makeup free courtesy of my wonderful uncle and fried of my mum
    DH's suit and shoes $300
    Gifts for BM and GM $700
    Rings $1500
    Stationery (invites with all bits and pieces, place cards, seating charts) $250
    Ceremony $800
    Music at ceremony free (courtesy of very talented friends)
    Reception (incl venue hire, catering, accommodation) $8000
    Photographer (DH's choice - he's got strong opinions on photography) $4500
    Cake and bonbonniere $550
    DJ $400
    Decorations (DIY for reception and ceremony) $450
    Honeymoon around $5500

Did I miss anything?

If my mum hadn't stepped in and interfered with the guest list and necessitating a change in the type of reception venue, which led to a change in everything else including my dress, we would have spent under $10k because I wanted small, simple and elegant. The photographer would have been the biggest cost.

Mum did hers for under $5k and it was amazing.