+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Wow these numbers are scaring me! DF and I don't want to spend over 8k. Not going to be a big wedding at all though so should be able save money but oh my god. Maybe I'm not thinking big enough 😨
    You can definitely have a wedding for less than 8k.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (21-05-2016),KitiK  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My wedding was less than 10k. Exc rings. 2.5 dress ( ended up custom made Coz off shelf needed such alterations, I gave in) 2.5 functions ( 20ppl night b4 wed family dinner, 30 ppl night of wed friends) wed at a cliff lighthouse by my cousin a celebrant lunch w family. We let the guests drink anything they wanted, had our dinners at a restaurant booked as birthday party, so cheaper.... Flights and accom for a friend who took photos... Just had nuclear family at wedding. Marquis hire and food for the lunch....
    If u have a no 'shags' rule it keeps numbers down, along weboth must know both partners if invited....
    Was great got to talk to everyone, at bigger things u don't see anyone. Keeping family separate the night b4, also kept numbers down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow these numbers are scaring me! DF and I don't want to spend over 8k. Not going to be a big wedding at all though so should be able save money but oh my god. Maybe I'm not thinking big enough 😨
    What did you want to do? What is important to you? A lot can be DIY or not done at all if not important. What are you envisioning your day will include?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think somewhere around 8k all up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    We spent about 6k. I could give rough estimates of everything but we've been married for about 15 years so obviously prices have changed. That got us a beautiful wedding including everything bar the honeymoon.

Some of these figures have me
    Same here! We spent around $6k about 12 years ago. No judgement to those who have cash to splash, or prioritise it - I just couldn't spend that sort of money on one day. Never had a honeymoon, but put the cash we had saved towards buying our house. We never borrowed for our wedding and neither sets of parents assisted financially either. They werent in a position to do so and we wouldnt have taken it anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    About $15k, around half of which was for the reception (restaurant hire, alcohol, food, waiters etc). I think my dress was a couple of grand (mum paid). I have no idea how much we paid for suits, hair, flowers etc. The cars were $800. The cake was $350. The photographer was $1200. This was 9 years ago.

Our honeymoon was another $15k (5 week trip to Europe and the UK). We saved up and paid for everything upfront.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much did your wedding cost...

Last edited by Hasselhoff; 21-05-2016 at 18:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly haven't thought too much about it these days. Been helping my bestie plan her wedding and knowing she has a small budget I've seen how it's going down the 'tacky' road, very quickly. That's always gonna weigh on my mind haha.
    Ouch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    Ouch!
    Yes it sounds horrible and u can flame me all you want (I do feel guilty saying it) but if u had seen things she has gotten and planned it's not blending nicely (like I know she was planning)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly haven't thought too much about it these days. Been helping my bestie plan her wedding and knowing she has a small budget I've seen how it's going down the 'tacky' road, very quickly. That's always gonna weigh on my mind haha.
    Been a bit put off even thinking about when my mum turned around and said she wouldn't be coming because my dad would be there. Sort of just thinking why don't we elope. Nobody really wants to come to our wedding anyway.

Wow, what a pity me post! Hahaha
    Some friends of mine are getting married at the registry office on Melbourne and then having a 'party' after.

Something like that is always an option too.