+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok I'm going to bravely write this then run and hide for fear of judgement, I know our wedding was not the norm.

I cringe when I think how much we spent (savings, no debt) but we were in a position to do it and I don't regret our wedding at all.

Total was close to $100,000 I'll break down the bits I know off the top of my head. This was for 95 people.

Dress: $6000

Suits & shoes DH + best man: $7000

Wedding planner/stylist: $5000

Stationary: $2000

Venue: $10000

Catering: $25000

Photographer: $10000

Cake: $1100

Flowers: $4000

Band: $3500

I'm not sure on the rest. The catering didn't include alcohol. That total figure doesn't include, accomodation, rings, honeymoon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much did your wedding cost...

Wedding dress/shoes $250

Suit/shoes $300

Invites $50

Flowers $200

Food (including cake) $750

Bar tab $1500

Celebrant $500

Photographer - bottle of fancy vodka (my sister's parnter did it)

Ceremony venue $150 but we got $100 back as that was for a bond

Hair $400, my hairdresser did all of our hair (mine, my mums, my sisters, mil and SIL).

Rings $1000 for both.

Roughly $6000 all up. I'm sure there were other little things but they wouldn't have costs too much.

Eta: We spent about $3000 on our honeymoon. I was 7 months pregnant so didn't want to go too far. We took a couple of days off work and had a long weekend away down on the great ocean road.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 21-05-2016 at 16:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't give you a breakdown because I don't remember anymore but it was around $15k 6 years ago (exc honeymoon). I didn't pay for my dress (mil is a fantastic dressmaker) and or the cake (Aunty made it, it was amazing). I made my invites myself and they looked great, only
    paid for paper and printing costs (still expensive though). We got in early with our reception booking and locked in prices which was lucky, they put them up almost 50% after we booked which would have priced us out.
    We spent around $1500 on the photographer, roughly 5-6k on reception and probably another $2k ish on the ceremony (celebrant, venue hire etc etc).
    We hand a lovely wedding which was a lot of fun and I'm happy we didn't spend anymore in hindsight. It's one day and I think $15k was plenty for us!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Super cheap here.

Dress - $200
    DH - $0 already owned everything
    Make up and hair -$0 my sister did it
    Flowers - $100
    Photographer - $0 sister did it
    Marriage license - $165
    Brunch afterwards $1000

So $1465 😄 we had been engaged for 3 years. DH worked overseas and his leave was regularly cancelled or changed - so we didn't want to pay deposits, send invites etc... Just to lose our money when his leave was cancelled! So we got a marriage license (valid for a year) waited until he landed went straight to registry and took whatever date they had available for the 7 days he was in town. Sister and kids flew up from Brisbane next day and away we went lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Man I barely remember but I will list what I do. I did a lot on my own.

Dress -$2,600 (I still adore my dress)
    Shoes - $50ish (on sale)

Wedding bands - $1,500ish all up as mine is custom

No veil but hairpiece was under $50

Flowers were under $100. Bought the flowers (baby's breath) from the flower markets and my talented cousin put them together. Then we had a few more bunches with various greenery from the garden.

Invites - made myself and I think with postage was about $250-$300.

Don't remember suits as their were hired. Bridesmaids had their own dresses/shoes.

Photographer was $1,500 from memory

Celebrant was $100ish

Reception was $50 p/h for approx 50 people. The drinks on top of that but we were at a winery so did not end up being heaps. (And my family do not drink).

Cake - under $200. We had assorted cupcakes.

The reception venue did the decorations etc so all included. They normally do not do weddings at that venue but we begged (it was an old cold storage building and they have it packed full of antiques. It had a wood fire etc and was just so beautiful and comfortable.

Oh hair and makeup was a present from my cousin but was $300 for both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    About $27k

Off the top of my head:

Dress: $2200 incl alterations
    Bridesmaids dresses and bags x 4: $400
    Hair: free from a wedding guest
    Make up x 6 (BMs, myself & Mum): $600
    Veil: $40
    Shoes for myself: $120
    Wedding band for me: $1200
    Wedding band for DH: $1200
    DJ: $550
    Venue for 85 guests: $13000
    Ceremony: $750
    Decorations: $1500
    Photographer: $2500
    Videographer: $1900
    Cake: $400
    Flowers: $500
    Celebrant: $750
    Groomsmens shoes: $700
    Accomodation: free (MIL stays at this place regularly so they gave us the bridal suite free)
    Stationery: $250

There's a few other things I can't think of right now. I bought my dress and bridesmaids dresses second hand, groomsmen hired their suits. We had a sit down dinner at the same place we had our ceremony (golf club), we paid the venue to decorate, flowers and candles on tables, chair covers, had a big light up 'LOVE' sign, hanging tea lights at the bridal table. We did pay for an extra bar tab with food for guests while we had our photos done.

I don't regret a single expense, it was perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Ok I'm going to bravely write this then run and hide for fear of judgement, I know our wedding was not the norm.

I cringe when I think how much we spent (savings, no debt) but we were in a position to do it and I don't regret our wedding at all.

Total was close to $100,000 I'll break down the bits I know off the top of my head. This was for 95 people.

Dress: $6000

Suits & shoes DH + best man: $7000

Wedding planner/stylist: $5000

Stationary: $2000

Venue: $10000

Catering: $25000

Photographer: $10000

Cake: $1100

Flowers: $4000

Band: $3500

I'm not sure on the rest. The catering didn't include alcohol. That total figure doesn't include, accomodation, rings, honeymoon.
    Jesus Christ! $10k for venue not including catering? where did you have your wedding?

No judgment here - everyone does things their own way. Your total cost just seems unreal. It must have been some wedding!

Ours was about $20k but we had quite a few freebies like photography, videography, my dad drove me to the reception in his BMW.. Also we didn't need a ring for DH, we didn't have a wedding party, and alcohol was included in the venue & catering package. Plus after all the wishing well gifts, we pretty much broke even so the total cost was nothing lol
    The most expensive part of our wedding aside from the venue/food was our entertainment which was about $2500. It was a 6-piece gypsy type band - they played a lot of Eastern European & klezmer music, as well as some salsa and jazz. They really made the wedding what it was. Best money spent.

Thanks
    Reviews

We had a surprise wedding(I was also 26wks pregnant so I did as little as possible!!)

Wedding Dress: $150
    Shoes: $30
    Hair and make up: $190
    Rings: $1000
    DH outfit: $100
    Decorations, table decorations, cake, Lolly buffet hire, lollies, photo booth hire and props (including set up and take down): $600
    Celebrant: $300
    Live music entertainment: free our friend owns the venue
    Reception (including unlimited drinks over 7 hours , canapés & 3 course meal) $5000

Our budget was $10,000.

I didn't have flowers, photographer (cousin took pics and our photo booth was amazing!) or cars as we stayed at the venue so just did a quick change before the ceremony.
    Last edited by Wissa; 21-05-2016 at 08:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From memory:

Dress: $1600
    Venue including reception with catering: $4000
    Dh suit: $350
    Flowers: $480
    Photographer: $400
    Cars: $300
    Invites and orders of service: $200
    Music (string quartet for ceremony & jazz ensemble for reception): $750
    Cake ingredients (Dh made it): $100

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. The total came in at under $10000 though.

Thanks
    Reviews

I still wish I could have gone back and actually eloped. We had to change our wedding venue 3 days out, was extremely disappointed because our dream wedding was no more.
    Dress - $1200 had it made (cost includes shoes and underwear etc)
    Bridesmaids - $300
    DH suits - $500
    Groomsman - $200
    Hair - $150
    Makeup -$150
    Limos - $500
    Photographer - $1000 (she was cr4p)
    Celebrant - $250
    Venue - $4000 was meant to be $6000 but change of venue to a restaurant came in cheaper.
    Bar tab - $2000
    Forgot to add
    Flowers - $300 (so impressed with my flowers and how cheap they were from the florist)
    Cake - $250 (cheesecake shop 3 tier decorated mudcake).