+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much did your wedding cost...

Reception $10000 (85 people)
    Chapel hire $3000
    Bar tab $2500 (this was the minimum amount allowed!)
    Dress & veil $2500
    My Shoes $180
    Flowers inc flowers for my cake $1000
    Cake $750
    Bridesmaid dresses $700 (I paid for two of them, 2 other bridesmaids paid for their own)
    Car $450
    Wedding rings made for us $2600+
    Hotel stay at palazzo Versace 1 night $700
    Honeymoon 2 locations $3000+
    Photographer $3000
    Videographer $1500
    Make up/hair $500 all bridesmaids etc
    Bonnborries (spelling??) $350
    Invitations $350 approx
    Suit hire $ can't remember how much!
    Hens/bucks nights accommodation $1800
    Babysitter in hotel as we had no kids at wedding $150

All up around $30,000

Luckily we did this before kids so had money to spend on it haha. Plus I got $10,000 from my parents and $3000 from my in laws so that made it a little easier. Never really worked it all out before, so interesting to see it all written down on here.

I was so ****ed my DH wouldn't let me get fireworks 😂 they were $1500 for 3 minutes I think. Bridezilla moment I think. But I still look back and think they would have made the night 😂

No way we could do that now that DH has a different job and I only work 3days a fn. it would be a simple quick thing now if we ever renew our vowels.
    Last edited by mrswhitehouse; 22-05-2016 at 14:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I'm struggling with the thought of spending $10-12k on 6 hours of our lives but that seems like nothing compared to what others have spent. I'm really struggling with wedding planning as I just can't justify the cost when there is so much more we could do with the money. I'm tempted to just elope as then at least we'd get a great holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babymummatobe View Post
    Love this thread. DF and I got engaged over Christmas last year and are now expecting our first baby so now idea what's going to happen with wedding planning now.
    We would have loved to have had a big wedding and invite all our friends and family (we had a huge engagement party which cost a fortune), however now with a baby on the way, I can't justify spending so much money on our wedding when that could be spent on our child and buying a house for our kids, etc.

Tips on small weddings? Maybe I'll start a new thread.
    I'd love to know tips for small weddings too! We will prob have 50-60 max. I'd love to have a small, elegant but inexpensive wedding if such a thing exists haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours cost about $20k (+ $6k for honeymoon). I did heaps of stuff cheaply but some stuff just couldn't scrimp on (dress, food, and alcohol). My biggest tips - buy your flowers wholesale and make your own bouquets. Download an Etsy template for $20 and print your own stationery without names (who saves them?). Do a text RSVP and save on stamps. Don't worry about favours - again always chucked. Make your own playlist and don't worry about a DJ. Find someone with a nice car and save on cars. Find an 'up and coming venue' that's yet to charge through the roof. Try the same with a photographer. Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    Ours cost about $20k (+ $6k for honeymoon). I did heaps of stuff cheaply but some stuff just couldn't scrimp on (dress, food, and alcohol). My biggest tips - buy your flowers wholesale and make your own bouquets. Download an Etsy template for $20 and print your own stationery without names (who saves them?). Do a text RSVP and save on stamps. Don't worry about favours - again always chucked. Make your own playlist and don't worry about a DJ. Find someone with a nice car and save on cars. Find an 'up and coming venue' that's yet to charge through the roof. Try the same with a photographer. Hope that helps!
    Noone in my family, or H's has ever "chucked" a favour!
    They are bomboniere to us though, and usually pricey- e.g. crystal kissing swans for our wedding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    They are bomboniere to us though, and usually pricey- e.g. crystal kissing swans for our wedding.
    Of course if you're into that! But OP isn't after fancy and pricey. It was just a suggestion...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterJade For This Useful Post:

DT75  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Really?? They are usually crap - no offence. Can't think of one that I've kept. Despite how much they cost to the bride and groom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    Really?? They are usually crap - no offence. Can't think of one that I've kept. Despite how much they cost to the bride and groom.
    My husband and just had the same giggle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    About $60k, 212 guests.

Don't regret it but wish I had done a destination wedding.

Either way it was great fun.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    I wouldn't say they are crap but yeah, I haven't really kept any. One friend have everyone a nice silver photo frame (her dad owns a jewellery store) which would have been ok, but it was engraved with her and her husbands names and their wedding date. I've always thought it odd and never ever wanted to use it.
    I like edible favours myself. People are usually starving at weddings while they wait for meals to come out. We're giving peanut (or plain for those who can't/ don't do nuts) m&m's as our favours. It is our favourite treat so we thought it was a cute touch.
    My sil have everyone boutique jams. Yum! My other sil, a midwife, saved up all the little glass bottles used to feed the premmie babies and filled them with little candy pieces. That was quite cute too. And both gratefully received!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

michellead  (22-05-2016),TheGooch  (22-05-2016)