So this is probably my 3rd/4th post in relation to induction in the past 2 months. I'm starting to really struggle emotionally/mentally and even physically. I am becoming physically sick just thinking of all the terrible outcomes, stuck on the side of the road giving birth. Bleeding out on my bathroom floor etc.
My reasons: (as you all probably know already)
• big baby (35wks avg 38. Her leg bones were measuring 40+2😟)
• 1 hr drive to hospital and last birth was 1 1/2hrs first contraction to baby born
• previous shoulder 'mild' distotia (I'm sorry being flipped over by 4 midwives and having your knees jammed up to your ears doesn't seem to mild to me)
• previous post partum haemorrhage
• previous pregnancy induced hypertension that is starting to happen again
• limited options for care of 3 other kids
• I'm now having awesome panic attacks and anxiety everytime I have a twinge or feel even slightly off
So saw Dr as part of my care at public hospital, he basically told me they won't even consider inducing until 40wks, maybe 39. (He told me 39 like you would tell a 4 yr old we might go to Disney land one day 😒)
They want me to move into 'town' to in-laws. I have three children, husband and I run a dairy and I can't just 'move to town' for 2-3 weeks to sit and wait.
My mil works 2 jobs, which means I would probably be stuck 15 mins from hospital with 3 kids, giving birth in HER bathroom BY MYSELF.
At least if I'm on the farm I would have hubby for support and to distract kids.
I'm starting to proper freak out and I don't know what to do now.
My question is: has anyone been able to have a dr/ob actually listen to them and been Induced.
I'm not looking for opinions on induction, just trying to find out if it is ACTUALLY POSSIBLE.
I'm going public, we cannot afford to go private.