+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Definitely not OTT I would have done exactly the same without a second thought. I burst into tears one day early on when I went to pick up DD from child care. She was 8 months old and it was the first day I'd left her for them to put her down for a nap. You know she has sleep issues and we had just got things on track so I had done her nap for 2-3 visits to help her get settled. So this day I went to pick her up at 12:30 (dropped off at 9:30 and due for a nap). They tell me she wouldn't go down for a sleep so they kept her up and tried again to get her down at 12:15!! I freaked. So she had been asleep for 15 minutes and I thought I'll just take her home she must be exhausted and hopefully she'll stay asleep. Go in the bedroom and she was laying face down in the cot sobbing 😢 I was so upset they didn't call me as I work next door and they knew I'd been finding the childcare transition hard and I would have come to get her and just tried another day 😔
    There was also another day when we were still doing trials and I was going to leave her for the first time. It was bedlam in there that morning lots of upset babies needing attention at once and if i had left DD she may not have got attention so I stayed for an hour with her then took her home.
    Clearly I have major separation anxiety 😔
    But I definitely don't think what you did is OTT. I hope the next experience is much better.
    I worked in a daycare centre 13 years ago. Never again! I was only there a few months. Things I witnessed were appalling. I got into trouble because I picked up a crying baby (7 months ) because she was unsettled and wouldn't sleep. No way in H would I have my kids go to any.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    No I don't think so.

We went to a daycare orientation the other day and my son was distressed, no one tried to include him in the activities and the entire time we were there a girl sobbed hysterically sitting on her own being ignored, one carer looked at me, rolled her eyes and said oh she always does that.

I told her that was disgusting behaviour to let her cry uncomforted, that we wouldn't be enrolling, scooped my son up and left.

I couldn't bare the thought of my sensitive little boy crying without comfort.
    Good on you for saying something! What was the response? Excuses I bet!
    I would of ripped shreds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not OTT OP. I wold have a very frank conversation with the Director. I wouldnt recommend tearing shreds because a) it is not an appropriate response, I assume you haven't had an issue until now; b) the Director isn't in the room so you don't know what her response would have been had she been there and c) I assume you want to keep using the facility and therefore it is better to remain assertive yet civil.
    I would reserve the OTT reaction for bubhub or when there is a serious safety concern. Good luck, its hard when you feel the care of your kids is being compromised.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Sunshine, definitely not OTT, your poor little one... but i think you lost an opportunity to bring it up 'in situ'. I would gave raised it at the time, when it happened. It can be harder to raise things after the facts because carer will no doubt say ' no that didnt happen like that'"or 'I don't recall'. I hope it has improved for you. All tbe best.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Was I OTT?

Thank you all for your kind words and replies xxx

As it was a once off I'll let it slide. It wasn't too obvious (except to me) that she was upset. Just lying face down in the grass Wish I thought about ringing! I hate conflict/complaining unless it achieves anything. Clearly they were having staffing issues that day. If it happens again I will bring it up that dd1 still needs a bit of help/attention at times. The past few weeks she had been fine but I also felt confident leaving her, last week it just felt completely off from the get go hence why I stayed and played then hung around and watched.

I need her to build up a bit of resistance, she's still very shy/anxious/clingy, but I'm not happy with her being left to her own devices and also having a traumatic experience so she wouldn't want to come back.

It honestly broke my heart when I went back to get her and had to shake her gently letting her know I was there and she was face down in the grass trying so hard to be brave and not to cry 😔

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (22-05-2016)