+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thule Urban Glider - Travel system ?

We've decided on this pram and I'm hoping to laybuy it at babies r us to take advantage of the 26 week laybuy (I'm 14 weeks so it's pretty perfect), however, I am very confused about car seat and capsule compatibility.

Travel system means a capsule can go from the pram to the car seat right?? Or no ? I'm planning on hiring the capsule but am looking to purchase a compatible car seat at the same time, and am wanting one that I can get many years out of.

ETA- From looking at capsule hire, the capsule is all I need for the first 6 months in the car, and it doesn't fit into a car seat itself? So I can buy the stroller, hire the compatible capsule and then just layby the car seat of my choice? Oh god, babies. I'm clueless.
    Last edited by happy444; 20-05-2016 at 12:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, this might just make u more confused, don't forget just because u can legally forward face a baby at 6 mths, most people don't as they're better to stay reverse longer, which means you'll still need a reversible car seat so the capsule is only good as far as also being able to carry around, u won't avoid the 0-4 car seat. Although the there is now a 0-8 I saw.... I love my 6mth-8 y one but would not put a 6 mth old in it.....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buy/rent a capsule that will fit your pram - some capsules will fit an average 12month old so you can get quite a lot of use. After you've outgrown the capsule get a 0-4 convertible car seat. Look for an A4 (rear facing to 2-3 years) so that you can rf for as long as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a capsule for Bub.. But after having a c section.. The Bub in capsule (approx 8kg) was over the recommended weight for me to lift within the 6 wks. I found it a pain and you could probably only use for first 3 months anyway. Within 3 weeks of giving birth and having no one to help me lift bubs.. I installed the 0 to 4 yrs car seat in rear facing mode. Save yrsrlf the cash and put the money towards a good pram and car seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    I got a capsule for Bub.. But after having a c section.. The Bub in capsule (approx 8kg) was over the recommended weight for me to lift within the 6 wks. I found it a pain and you could probably only use for first 3 months anyway. Within 3 weeks of giving birth and having no one to help me lift bubs.. I installed the 0 to 4 yrs car seat in rear facing mode. Save yrsrlf the cash and put the money towards a good pram and car seat.
    I used my capsule for 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I have my head around it now. I had initially thought that the capsule went from the pram and into a car seat! And I couldn't find a car seat that that particular pram was compatible with.

I have seen a few people say their baby outgrew the capsule at 3 months, so I will definitely be hiring and not buying. I can hire the capsule for 6 months for around $150 which I think is pretty good? And then the car seats I'm looking at are from birth to 4 years anyway so it sounds like it will work out well.

Thanks everyone for so patiently answering!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a capsule for around $350 then sold it for $200. DS fit in it til 8m and we used it clipped into the pram til 6m.