+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sunshine Coast
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, you are awesome OP! This is a big deal for you and your daughter. I had my 3rd daughter 12 weeks ago and to be honest she was not planned, though her father and I adore her. I am 38 and was dealing with having a baby after 9 years, let alone even thinking about being a grandmother. It is not an ideal situation but I am sure with yours and your husband's support, your daughter will be a fabulous mother. An unexpected pregnancy is hard to adjust to at any age. My DP was a first time dad recently at 32. After some time your daughter's boyfriend may come round to the idea of being a dad. He is still quite young, so understandably it is a lot to deal with, hopefully he will learn to look forward to it, if not, then it is he who is missing out. My DP is a fabulous dad to our bub and and my older girls adore him too.

Hopefully things work out for your daughter, with you as her mum, she sure is lucky.

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    in a glass case of emotion
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Good luck to your daughter! My mum had me at 17, and she also became a grandma at 40 (although my pregnancy was very planned). She gets called a variation on her first name by DS. I was so close with my mum growing up, I hope your daughter has the same experience with her baby.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree there are lots of positives too. My Grandma had my Mum at 20, and Mum had me at 22, hence my Grandma became a Grandma at 42.
    Grandma and I are very close as a result...I have almost 41 years of very fond times spent with her, and continue to have. She is now 83, and we still have great fun together...we go shopping, go out to dinner, enjoy wine in the evening, and she texts me (with emoticons!!) every few days.
    The other advantage is my children have a healthy, mobile Great-Grandma. My 5-year-old boy loves visiting her, and they play Lego together, read books, and have cups of tea. It's very sweet.
    So...potentially lots of really good stuff in store for you too!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app