+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Grandma at 37

So 8 years ago I was on here in the TTC threads and then in the March mummies group of 2009. Now I am going to be a grandma in just over 6 months.
    Freaking out slightly. I'm 36 and my daughter is 17... She was on Depo when she got pregnant and only found out by accident. Went to the hospital for pancreatitis and a routine blood test revealed she was 7 weeks.
    Her now ex boyfriend had convinced her to have an abortion- she had the initial
    Appointment, the blood tests and ultrasound but couldn't go through with it
    She is now planning on being a single mum with mine and my husbands (her dads) help. The ex had said he will be there for the baby but I'm yet to be convinced. A week ago he was literally balling his eyes out because she was ruining his life 😡
    Anyway I spent a lot of time here getting support so I thought I'd comeback now that I need it again. I've had 4 children but this grandma thing is new and scary
    Oh and I don't want to be grandma or nanna or nonni... Need to come up with something else 🤔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm sure you will be a great support xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum is called Ma, how about that? I'm 37 too with toddlers and a girl in my year level from high school is posting pics of her grandson 😐.

I think it's fantastic you're supporting her. I definitely wouldn't expect anything from the exboyfriend. It can only lead to disappointment there.

Congratulations on your new grandchild!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow! Thanks for sharing. It will be a big journey for you all - your daughter is so lucky to have such a supportive/caring mother!!!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

scary - yes ... but it will be fine. She has you, and that is all that matters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like your daughter will have wonderful support from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome to the young grandmas club!! I became one at 41.

Your daughter is lucky to have you.

All the very best to you all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My husband's mum is Lola to all her grandkids (it's Filipino for grandma)

Good luck to you and your daughter

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I became a grandma at 49. welcome back to bubhub, and welcome to grandmahood. I don't know what to suggest for a different name?? Granny ?? all the best, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow! It's a lot to take in - you must all be really shocked!

You sound like a really supportive mum - it will make this journey easier for your daughter knowing her mum is there for her each step of the way.