+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Period returning? 7 weeks postpartum.

Hi all.. Normally I'd give every detail I can muster but I'm sick and tired and irritable and just plain depressed.
    So........ I gave birth 7 weeks ago, exclusively breastfeeding and started the mini pill about 6 days ago. Today I felt some discharge when I got up so of course I went to the bathroom to clean myself up and saw it was blood. I put a pad in and am not getting a lot but enough to not be spotting. could/should my period be back so early? The dr said I probably wouldn't even get it because I'm breastfeeding and taking the mini pill. I am sexually active again, but that does not correspond to the bleeding. I don't feel any PMS just sad and angry. (Which is normal everyday stuff for me) No cramps, nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people can get AF back within 6 weeks of giving birth regardless of breastfeeding or not. I was different with all 4 of my girls, 12 months, pregnant within 10 weeks after DD2, 6 months and 6 months. BF with all 4 of them.
    If you start to experience pains, certain odors or feeling off then go see your doctor otherwise it can be completely normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Af?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BitsHead View Post
    Af?
    Aunt Flo - euphemism for your period

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine returned at 6 weeks pp both times.
    I hope you're feeling happier soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the same. 6 weeks PP. started the mini pill and pretty much started bleeding straight away (this was last week)
    By the 2nd day I had all symptoms of mini pill; nausea, bleeding, headaches and sad and crying uncontrollably.

I stopped the mini pill after 2 days and then bled all week like a full blown period.

My bleeding could have been because I stopped the pill or it could have been period - it felt like period but who knows!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    6wks pp here too. Hoping it holds out quite a bit longer this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Another 6 week post partum here too, (pretty much as soon as lochia ended) and that was with all 4 babies and exclusively breastfeeding. Just unlucky I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep mine came back 5-6 weeks after birth. Actually he slept most of the night and skipped and overnight feed and boom period back.,

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got AF at about 7-8 weeks after my first was born. I didn't get AF again until she was 8.5 months. From then it was more regular and pleasingly I no longer get crippling cramping. In fact almost no discomfort at all.

DD was breastfed until 18 months, and I conceived my DS while BF so BF certainly had no bearing on my cycle returning.

When I mentioned the bleeding at my OB check up she confirmed it was most likely AF and I was just one of the unlucky ones!