+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tell me about your bread maker please

Hi all, please tell me about your bread maker, on the market for one.
    Pros and cons, brands to stay away from, etc.

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Panasonic which I got last year and have no complaints. It is easy to use and the bread is yummy.
    I'm not very adventurous with it I just do the bought bread mixes at this stage. The only issue (and I think this is the same with all bread makers) is the loaf is very tall so finding a container to store bread in is hard. I also find the bread very hard to cut. I use an electric knife and a sunbeam bread slicing guide. The bread really doesn't last more than a day as it goes stale so quick but it is delicious and cheap and smells divine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 1 day? Really....wow....I would of thought around 2 days min....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I eat it the day I bake it and next day only. Any longer it's too stale for my liking. Plus the loaves are too small to last us any longer. You can't cut the slices super thin so they're a bit thicker than normal so you go through more I think. The bread machine has different loaf sizes but the actual length/width of the loaf is always the same as there is only 1 tin size in the machine it's just the height of the loaf that varies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a cheap Bellini breadmaker I picked up for $25 on clearance about 2 months ago

Hubby loves it!

I tried the recipes in the book and they are good, the French loaf always overproves and lifts the lid.

The white bread recipe is excellent, and the dough makes mouth-watering pizza dough. I also use a different recipe to make a sweet dough to make cinnamon scrolls, and I'm going to try Apple custard ones soon.

We bought a bag of laucke crusty white and I've experimented with it to get good results. It would overprove and lift the lid if I put on a 1kg loaf, as it's designed for 900g or 700g. I use the ingredients for a 750 and set the breadmaker for French loaf 900g and get amazing results. Hubby can cut quite thin slices with a forever sharp knife, it's a thinner knife than a bread knife. Hubby is talking about getting a slicing rack to guide the slicing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes I wonder with these prices....knowing my husband he would spend big. He bought a toaster for $200 6 years ago. Still working..but umm I can't say the toast is any different to your regular $20 toaster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to have one when I was younger. Honestly, bread worked out better making it with a kitchenaid mixer (or similar) and baking it in a bread tin in the oven. In saying that it means keeping an eye on it whereas breadmaker you just let it go.

We used to use an electric knife and guide when cutting the bread - so much easier. Also it will not last due to no preservative added. You can always make bread crumbs/croutons with any left over.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (19-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Only 1 day? Really....wow....I would of thought around 2 days min....
    My bread machine bread is still good after 3 days. I'm more likely to use it for toasties on day 3 but it's definitely still ok.

I've got a Panasonic one and it's great. I tried supermarket brands of mixes but have stocked up on Simply No Knead flour now as it's far better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My breadmaker died last winter and i've been meaning to get a new one. I did have it for years though.

I love the fruit loaf made in them, plus the multigrain is nice, ofcourse the white is too.
    Nothing like freshly baked bread with melting butter on it!

With my old one i could set it when i go to bed and wake up to the beatuiful smell of baked bread, id sometimes put the slowcooker on at the same time, especially on weekends. So good! So easy!

You can freeze the loaves too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a breville and am really happy with it. Has a thingo that adds ingredients like the fruit in fruit bread at the right time so i don't have to do it. I think i love it for pizza dough more than anything else. Have used it for hot cross buns, fruit loaf etc too. AND it makes jam!! Recipes came with it and it makes really good jam or marmalade without any stirring or cooking on stove top. Love that!! Only smallish batches of it but so easy when i have some spare fruit to use.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

monroe78  (26-05-2016)