+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hong Kong info please!

We've been invited to join my sister and her family on a 2 week holiday to Hong Kong, we really want to go. We travelled a bit before children but this will be our first overseas trip with the Boys. They will be 3 and 1 years old.
    I'm after ANY information you think would be useful to us. We plan on going to Disneyland while we are there
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    We love Hong Kong. DD is 5 and shes been 4 times , the first when she was 3 months old. Disneyland is great but can get crowded. Get there on opening and consider a 2 day pass as the kids will get tired. You can hire strollers inside the park. What time of year are you going? It can get really hot and humid in summer. Definately get yourself an octopus card...its very easy to get around although crowded.

Somethings we love to do are go up the peak via the tram and then take the bus down (we sit on the top deck at the front and its quite hair raising). There is a free zoo in the botantical gardens that is great to wander around. We love to ride the trams at night on hong kong island. Go to see the big Buddha via the ngong ping 360 cable. Check out some of the temples ...the wong tai sin is great but there are loads of smaller ones. Take a trip on the star ferry. We also like to go to Stanley. Ocean Park is also great...rides there are aimed mainly at teens but it has a fantastic aquarium....and you can also see pandas there. The toys r us store at harbour city is massive and has stuff havent seen yet, check out the markets too (temple street or ladies markets). Take a wander through some wet markets too ...our DD finds them fascinating. We always manage to fill up our time there...so much to do!!

Sorry the above is quite scattergun... if you have any questions, just ask!
    Last edited by TeaAndToast; 18-05-2016 at 22:40.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TeaAndToast For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (19-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you so much for your reply! Exactly what I was looking for. We'll be flying over mid October, staying for 2 weeks. Just to clarify, the octopus card is at Disneyland? I haven't heard of it before. Any recommendations on accommodation, what area do you think we should be looking at? Hong Kong sounds fascinating. What are the crowds like? Will our three year old be okay to walk and hold our hand or should we look into something like a stroller or, I hate to say it.. One of those backpacks with a strap to hold onto? I'd be beside myself if he got caught up in a crowd or something. Are the children likely to get a lot of attention? My sister had people following her around in the Philippines so I have no idea what to expect in that regard. I've bombarded you with lot's of questions sorry