+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can I travel to Bali pregnant?

We are currently TTC #2 and keen to book an overseas trip for later in the year.. We don't have a huge budget so thinking somewhere 'cheap' like Bali but I'm concerned about what I'll be able to eat! Are their restaurant hygiene standards like here? Or am I looking at street/market style food that may/may not be cooked properly/been sitting etc etc We will also have our 1yo in tow so will be sticking to family friendly areas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm off to Bali in 2 weeks at 18 weeks pregnant. Also went when pregnant with DD - had a lovely trip.
    Stayed in a 5 star resort & mostly ate there. Ate at other restaurants that were full of people (that's my general rule anywhere).
    Some things to think about:
    Heat/himidity - you've got to slow right down, drink plenty of fluids & be sun safe. Take some hydralyte with you.
    Mosquitos - dengue fever is common in Bali. Use repellent whenever outside. My ob says Zika is a non- issue in Bali so far (1 case reported in isolated part of Indonesia). I chose to use a DEET based repellent after I did my research about the pros/cons in pregnancy.
    Water - drink only bottled water (even got brushing teeth), ice ok unless you are in a really isolated area (government controlled).
    Food - eat only piping hot food or food that can be peeled (eg: banana).
    There are many amazing restaurants in Bali, but also lots of dodgy ones.
    You can buy milk, yoghurt, snacks etc in the supermarket for kids.
    Maybe have a look at the Nusa Dua or Sanur areas? The ocean is a lagoon, so much gentler for kids, not as much traffic as Kuta/Legian. We stayed at the Westin nusa dua last time & thought it was great for kids.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

bubbamumma15  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will be fine in Bali. Just don't eat food in the streets, eat at your hotel or if your out don't eat the salads. I've been to Bali several times and never got sick

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MissSparkles For This Useful Post:

bubbamumma15  (22-05-2016)