+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    This is us now after 4 kids.

But when we had just one or even 2 and still lived in inner city Melbourne j yearned to go out and be part of the life I was surrounded by. Sometimes you just want to put on a nice outfit, do my hair and make up and go out.

Now once or twice a year is plenty!
    We have 4 kids but we aren't drawn out of the house to go out. We only have one pub here. No movies or bowling or any of that. No restaurants etc. so it's really easy to get in the habit of staying home haha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't trust anyone and your and your partners family are too far away then you'll hsve to take him. He is an easy baby? If not maybe only go local, and an hour or two.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Homeschooling4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have date nights once a month and the other times we take kids with us. We go to bowling, roller skating, parks/picnics, night walking, dinner (sometimes church community meals are great too), friends/family houses...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Homeschooling4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeschooling4 View Post
    If you don't trust anyone and your and your partners family are too far away then you'll hsve to take him. He is an easy baby? If not maybe only go local, and an hour or two.
    we are extremely fortunate in that he's a pretty good baby. we went out for breaky on Sunday with my sister and her BF who were down from Sydney and he chortled his way through the meal then fell asleep. so we have that working for us!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Homeschooling4  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    a large part of our problem too is when we are home we both just sit there on our phones. so although we're together and alone, we aren't necessarily connecting. I'm finding this to be a problem too. I don't have the same social outlet I did when I was going to work and so I rely on him more for chit chat. he's tired after work and wants to just go mindless and relax whilst scrolling through fb. Instagram etc. which I find frustrating as I feel ignored. but that's our own problem and separate to the baby sitter issue.

this parenting gig is hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    a large part of our problem too is when we are home we both just sit there on our phones. so although we're together and alone, we aren't necessarily connecting. I'm finding this to be a problem too. I don't have the same social outlet I did when I was going to work and so I rely on him more for chit chat. he's tired after work and wants to just go mindless and relax whilst scrolling through fb. Instagram etc. which I find frustrating as I feel ignored. but that's our own problem and separate to the baby sitter issue.

It's still early days. Your baby is only 4 months! I reckon I spent the first 12 months figuring it all out. It's such a change to both of your lives.

Maybe try and put the phones away for an hour every night and just talk. DH and I are great at talking to each other now we've been forced to since we had the kids.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

delirium  (18-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm fortunate now that my mum or the father of my older daughters takes them for a weekend some times but with DD3 who is the same age as your DS I wouldn't really leave her with anyone yet. Just my personal preference, but as she is a good sleeper, I don't feel restricted with going places at the moment. She is a lot easier to handle at this stage then going out with a toddler lol.

When my girls were little, I had a cousin who would babysit them but I trusted her completely. If she wasn't available or they weren't at my mums or their father's, I took them with me or didn't go out.

It's hard when your family don't live close as I lived interstate from my mum when my girls were very small so never really went out without them.

Maybe ask your parents to look after your DS, I bet they will jump at the opportunity when they come to visit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post

I hear you there about the phones. We are both guilty of it. It's too easy to switch off and tune out and look on our phones.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keep taking bubs out with you. Our DS is pretty good to take out, always has been because we always did it. He handles staying up late pretty well (although it's never later than 10pm). We always say that the worst that can happen is that we have to come home early if he plays up. Fortunately we have never had to but it's always in the back of our minds. If we don't try we gave no idea how he will handle it. We do things like zoo twilight concerts, fireworks in dock lands in winter, drive in etc

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Truffle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    We are like that too OP. I need adult conversation and DH wants to chill out. Have a compromise. Have 5-7pm chill time. Let him decompress, surf the net. Then from 7-9 or 10 it's couples time. Or have 2 or 3 nights a week where it's No Technology Night.

I'm not saying to not go out. Def take bubba with you. But you don't have to leave the house to reconnect with each other.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (18-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (18-05-2016)