+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am intrigued also, but it isnt for me. I was shown my placenta each time; the first baby was in a very 'natural focussed' hospital, & they showed me the sac, any spots on the planta,the cord, etc, all while explaining it all to me. It was great to see, & they slso asked if I would like to take it with me.
    The thought of eating or cooking placenta absolutely churns my stomach. I do find it really disgusting to think about eating, sorry (but I am talking about me, not about anyone else. No judgement on anyone who does eat it). If there were scientific studies that showed great and tangible benefits, I would possibly swallow it encapsulated - but it would have to be worth the $400ish (cant remember exactly, but it was a lot) price tag that it costs for someone who does it in our area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    totally agree with this.

I think because it's not yet main******, a lot of people against it feel justified in saying ohh gross, yuck! disgusting!

there's other things I find unappetizing that many hubbers do as common practice but because they're more main******, you'd be written off as very judgey if you voiced your opinion.

so yes, I think it's easy to judge when something is still part of a minority as you know most others will have your back and share your opinion.
    I asked people where they stood with it, so of course there would be some negative comments about it. People aren't crashing a 'pro placentophagy'
    thread and voicing their hatred for it or anything. I've also found all of the comments (well, except one) to be completely respectful, just full of questions.

It's surprising to me that people are saying placenta encapsulation is in the minority. Maybe in other places, but I'd say it's equal, if not the more popular choice for those that I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    I think celery is gross and yuk, does it mean I'm judging people that eat it?
    Not sure if eating celery is comparable in this instance

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was going to ask, those ladies that were shown your placenta, did you have a vaginal delivery? I was emergency cs and it never came up. I didn't see it nor was I asked. luckily my doula took the lovely photos as it was nice to see it.
    I had 2 vaginal deliveries and was asked to see it the first time, but I said no, as I'm squeamish with those kinds of things.
    My second delivery was quite an ordeal and I wasn't asked, but they had transported it with my dd to another hospital, in case I wanted to look at it or keep it.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 19-05-2016 at 21:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to ask, those ladies that were shown your placenta, did you have a vaginal delivery? I was emergency cs and it never came up. I didn't see it nor was I asked. luckily my doula took the lovely photos as it was nice to see it.
    3 vaginal births and I was asked each time if I wanted to have a look at the placenta. I was so intrigued taking the time to look each time and talked to the midwife for ages about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (19-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    maybe j was so happy to encapsulate and consume because I hadn't seen the placenta beforehand? 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Showing the placenta was very much part of the birth process where I birthed. I didn't realise that it wasn't standard across the board.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    But if the placenta is the baby's and not ours, that is non-consensual- in the same way that abortion, circumcision, etc is non-consensual.

Not that I believe this, but legally, it is a bit... grey
    And vaccination...

For those concerned about the lack of evidence etc, I saw a bunch of researchers recently (from memory) proposing to look at the components of the placenta after being prepared for encapsulation. So there are people looking into it but it's not something easy to get funding for.

Eta. Found the link https://experiment.com/projects/a-sc...lacenta-tissue

And an update: https://experiment.com/u/vD1OBg

Should be some interesting results out of this study.
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 19-05-2016 at 18:31.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (19-05-2016),DT75  (19-05-2016),Moxy  (19-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    My last birth - my placenta was well over 1kg and IMO amazing to look at. I delivered it myself.
    I dont understand... what other way is there to a deliver a placenta other than doing it yourself? Do you mean catching it when it came out?

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    I dont understand... what other way is there to a deliver a placenta other than doing it yourself? Do you mean catching it when it came out?
    Physiological third stage with no traction on the cord?