+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Lunchbox challange!

I'm trying really hard to spice up 5yr old dd lunchbox and also make healthier decisions. I thought it might be fun to do a bit of a challange and share!! That way we can gets lots of new ideas from one another!

Each week I'll aim to bake or buy 3 new things to go towards lunchboxes. Everyday I'll take a photo to share, post any recipes I use and report back how dd responed.

If anyone would like to join in that would be great! Its a very relaxed challange so if you want to only try one new thing a week, or only post pictures of your normal lunchbox then that is fine, do as much or as little as you want!!

I will start next week so I can use this week to plan and grocery shop but for now I'll just post lunch made tonight for tomorrow!!

1463488250940.jpg
    Not the greatest pic but we have
    -chicken loaf, cheese and mayo s/w
    -cherries
    -pretzels
    -blackcurrent and chia bites
    -cheese wedge
    - greek yogurt flavoured with honey and muesli clusters (I told her it was cookie crunch yogurt πŸ˜‚)

Heres hoping it comes home empty πŸ‘Œ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I just finished making DS lunch! He has a planet box so this is fruit break ( kiwi) recess and lunch, he'll eat the cheese, green olives , coconut chips and mini cucumber and capsicum for recess and the roll for lunch
    He's got a poached chicken, Swiss cheese and lettuce roll ( I usually poach a chicken or turkey breast on Sunday night and make wraps or rolls , he's not a sandwich bread fan and prefers wraps or bread rolls)
    Attachment 81294
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 17-05-2016 at 23:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following for inspiration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following too - i'm stuck in a rut with sandwiches, fruit and yoghurt......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a few photos of my DD's lunch boxes - I use them as a reminder to myself of what I can put in when I am having a mental blank!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1463530384.236416.jpg

Meatballs and salad, goji berries, boiled egg, fruit and some 'cheesies' that I make.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1463530447.115098.jpg

Sandwich, lemon slice, cucumber wraps (with cream cheese and carrot), fruit, popcorn, apricots/goji berries.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1463530530.690457.jpg

Wrap, fruit, popcorn, egg, cheesies, veges.

DD is in prep and also takes a piece of fruit for fruit/veg snack mid morning.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    No lunchbox pic today as dd was sick but I chose my recipes to bake for the week!!

Yeasterday I made chicken and leek bread pies. Dd had one but was not too impressed, I on the other hand, loved them πŸ˜‚
    1463983364641.jpg

Today we made strawberry bliss balls and tomorrow I plan on making savoury pumpkin fetta muffins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I keep forgetting to post!

Friday's lunch , salmon and salad wrap, boiled, egg, freeze dried pomegranate seeds, rice crackers, mandarin, snow peas , baby corn and capsicum : ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1463984034.456181.jpg

Today's , poached chicken salad roll, bliss bombs, cucumber, capsicum, kiwi ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1463984166.154800.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

melimum  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    following

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    I have a few photos of my DD's lunch boxes - I use them as a reminder to myself of what I can put in when I am having a mental blank!

Attachment 81299

Meatballs and salad, goji berries, boiled egg, fruit and some 'cheesies' that I make.

Attachment 81300

Sandwich, lemon slice, cucumber wraps (with cream cheese and carrot), fruit, popcorn, apricots/goji berries.

Attachment 81301

Wrap, fruit, popcorn, egg, cheesies, veges.

DD is in prep and also takes a piece of fruit for fruit/veg snack mid morning.
    Is that a bento box?