+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default C & K Kindergarten question

I notice some C & K kindys are either affiliate or branch - what is the difference? Is one better than the other? Is there a difference in the way its run?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter went to an affiliate and I had constant issues with them. Another friend went to a branch with no problems.

Affiliates can do their own thing in regards to administration and p&c rules. Education is the same tho.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi :-)

A branch kindergarten is one that is directly run by C&K. All the fees go through their finance department, they have a children services manager that overseas the running of the kindergarten. C&K control and set the budget. Each service has a Parents Advisory group that meet once a month that decide on fundraising, events to be held. They control their own money that has been fundraised. They don't really get a say in the day to day operations of the kindergarten.

An affiliated kindergarten is run by a management of parents. Every year the parents elect a president, secretary, treasurer etc. every month there is a committee meeting and things are decided on there. Parents have a greater say in the running of the kindergarten. They control their own fees, as in they set their own amount and collect the money accordingly.

I have worked for both so if you have any other questions feel free to ask :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsboyts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsboyts View Post

An affiliated kindergarten is run by a management of parents. Every year the parents elect a president, secretary, treasurer etc. every month there is a committee meeting and things are decided on there. Parents have a greater say in the running of the kindergarten. They control their own fees, as in they set their own amount and collect the money accordingly.

I have worked for both so if you have any other questions feel free to ask :-)
    Yep. The one dd1 went to was clearly aimed at families with one SAHP. Events were disorganized with not enough warning to change of time. starting/finishing times varied day/day which made it hard as I worked. It was a nightmare. When I raised this issue (and numerous other) the official line from the P&C was "I don't think this kindergarten would suit you because you work". With Dh away I was running the house solo but I got zero understanding.

I hated sending my kid there. She loved it so I persisted for her.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post: