+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stinky wee

DS (3.5) is proving very difficult to toilet train, wetting his pants multiple times a day. The plastic bags full of wet pants that come home from daycare stink so much they make me gag. Have other mums of little boys found their wee to stink like a public urinal? Or do you think that there could be a UTI that might be contributing to this problem with toilet training?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would check for UTI and if his in daycare, why aren't the workers trying to toilet train him. I would talk to them, but that's me, also check how much water he drinks there, the food they offer. Etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    They're trying to train him too, reminding him multiple times per day to go, but he STILL has accidents pretty much every day. He tells me he can't tell when the wee is coming. He can easily wet himself less than half an hour after going to the toilet. It's been going on for over a year and is driving me crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd take him to the GP to check for uti. 3.5 is still young he may just be not ready yet. I'd go back to pull ups to be honest while other things are ruled out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take him to the doctor just to have it checked over. Not the fact that he's not TT yet but for the smell of his wee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd also take him to the GP just for a check on the smelly wee.
    My DS had an incident last year where he held on from urinating for a long time throughout the day just because he was busy doing other things and kept putting it off. He was 6 at the time and long toilet trained. Anyway, eventually he ended up in a lot of pain that night, by then he had lost feeling and didn't feel like he needed to wee even though he REALLY did. He finally weed and the pain was gone instantly but for quite a while after that he couldn't tell when he needed to wee. The GP said he had stretched his bladder and effected the nerves, I'm pretty sure from memory she said that was more common in boys. DS is all back to normal now there could be something like that for your DS that your GP would pick up on too.