+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you use a steam mop?

If so, I'd love your advice please. I currently have an el-cheapo one and would love to buy a proper one. I love it for cleaning my tiles, but the water reservoir is tiny and as I have a large area to clean I'm constantly refilling it. Plus the pad is wearing out and leaving streaks.

Ideally I'm looking for a steam mop that holds a lot of water and doesn't need a button to be pressed the entire time it's in use.

I would love to hear your feedback, pros/cons, whatever. I normally hate mopping but when I use the steam mop I'm actually enjoying myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a Hoover and really dislike it. Would not recommend.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had the Hoover twin tank and it did the job but was a bit fiddley.
    Now we have a Sauber and oh my! I love it. So simple to use. Holds heaps of water. And has a billion and one attachments. Everything from little brass brushes, to window squeegees and even an iron. The best thing with the normal floor mop is you don't use "pads". You just click a little towel into it. It comes with some but we hd a bunch anyway. Towel nappy size or even a bit small.
    The biggest con about it, is the price tag. It's pretty hefty. But we already had the (also expensive) vacuum so I knew I would love it. I'll never buy anything else.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a kenwood steam mop, and I love it. Decent sized reservoir, I can do out whole 200+sqm house in one tank. Single on/off button and easy change mop pads which can just be thrown in the washing machine. It leaves my timber-look tiles streak free and gleaming.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MayGal959 For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies

@babyno1onboard - OK, I'll stay away from Hoovers

@Ahalfdozen - wow, you must be right about the pricing of the Sauber, I just looked up the Godfrey's website and every single steam mop had a price except the Sauber. It was the only one that said "Please visit stores for pricing information". I'm scared to know LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MayGal959 thank you for letting me know about the Kenwood, that's exactly what I'm after.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

MayGal959  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I brought a Vax Steam mop and here is my review of it so far. As soon as I picked up the main unit from the box it felt like a quality product. I got it to work on the single most important job I bought it to do: the kitchen floor.

Everything assembled easily enough with the help of a very good instruction booklet. I found it simply a matter of press and push. Press the steam button with the left hand and push the pole with right. The floor is as clean as I have ever got it, and that includes once using neat bleach and scouring pad!

I forgot to brush the bathroom floor first but this enabled me to see how effective the steam mop is at pushing the dust to the edge. That triangular head beautifully glides and swivels around the toilet: you never lift the mop from the floor. The Concentration attachment dealt with scum around the tap, just wipe away with a rag. No solvents used.

The grouting attachment also worked well. If it has one very slight shortcoming it would be cleaning the bathroom sink basin; the brushes provided are too firm. I think that will always be a spray of something then wipe clean.

I am very pleased with this cleaner and i would thoroughly recommend it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monicaglenfield For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I brought a Vax steam mop and here is my review of it so far. As soon as I picked up the main unit from the box it felt like a quality product. I got it to work on the single most important job I bought it to do: the kitchen floor.

Everything assembled easily enough with the help of a very good instruction booklet. I found it simply a matter of press and push. Press the steam button with the left hand, push the pole with right. The floor is as clean as I have ever got it, and that includes once using neat bleach and scouring pad!

I forgot to brush the bathroom floor first but this enabled me to see how effective the steam mop is at pushing the dust to the edge. That triangular head beautifully glides and swivels around the toilet: you never lift the mop from the floor. The Concentration attachment dealt with scum around the tap, just wipe away with a rag. No solvents used.

The grouting attachment also worked well. If it has one very slight shortcoming it would be cleaning the bathroom sink basin; the brushes provided are too firm. I think that will always be a spray of something then wipe clean.

This is by far the best steam mop i have had and i would thoroughly recommend it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a hoover and love it!! Cannot fault it at all!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SammiJane For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a haan, love it, i only ever use half the water on kitchen and dining, 2 hallways and 2 bathroom areas. Really quick to dry, can walk on it within a few minutes ☺

17. The Following User Says Thank You to my2monkeys For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (31-05-2016)