+ Reply to Thread
    Silver_Lining is offline Our miracle Princess due in March <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hyperstimulation while pregnant

Has anyone had hyperstimulation during pregnancy? We just had our first ultrasound (I am 7w1d) and he said my right ovary is enlarged and hyper stimulated. I had severe bloating for a couple of weeks but had no other symptoms and it has gone down in the past week so my dr wasn't overly concerned. Is it something I need to really stress about? Is it likely to cause a miscarriage? I just want to be excited about this pregnancy after having such a horrible time last time but after hearing that I just don't know if I can 😞 I also have cysts but they are not new. We are seeing our FS but not till tomorrow.
    Thank you for any help xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't officially get OHSS but I think I was pretty close with my last egg collection cycle (which resulted in a pregnancy and my now DD). When I had a scan with my OB at 8 weeks she told me that my ovaries were still larger than my uterus but that's pretty normal for having just had an egg retrieval and it just takes awhile for them to go back to regular size. So don't stress and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got severe ohss and was on hospital for 3 weeks starting a week after a fresh transfer. I was pretty ill and ended up having ct scans, lots X-rays, all kinds of meds not licenced in pregnancy and my ds1 has turned out just fine!! It's such a stress I understand but sometimes those little embryos can be more resilient than we think and mine certainly was. I hope things work out well for you, I wouldn't worry too much about the ohss affecting the baby, if anything were to happen I doubt very much that it would be caused by overstimulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think mine were still big at the 20 week scan. Didn't effect anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by besha View Post
    I didn't officially get OHSS but I think I was pretty close with my last egg collection cycle (which resulted in a pregnancy and my now DD). When I had a scan with my OB at 8 weeks she told me that my ovaries were still larger than my uterus but that's pretty normal for having just had an egg retrieval and it just takes awhile for them to go back to regular size. So don't stress and congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Same story here. I was right on the cusp of official OHSS and wasn't hospitalised, but it was close. We did a fresh transfer and I have DS who is 9.5 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suffered from ohss so had to do a freeze all on my embryos. Was in hospital for over a week. For me they said transferring an embryo whilst suffering from ohss would of made the symptoms and condition alot worse if I was to fall pregnant. Glad I went along with a fet which resulted in ds. Ohss truly is awful.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I think mine were still big at the 20 week scan. Didn't effect anything.
    This. The sonographer who performed my 20w scan didn't know I had done ivf and asked because they were enlarged.