+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    Have you searched to see if there are any free services like sleep school? We are in Sydney and in Sunday we are going to tresillian for a 4 night residential stay to try and sort things. We needed a referral from gp and I pay for my food which is $50 per day but otherwise it's a free service as its a charity. Not sure if there is anything similar near you. Try asking your local health nurse. X
    Good idea. I'll definitely have a look. I thought Ngala would offer their services for free because they're a parenting community group but nope. They charge a bomb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have private health insurance with hospital cover? I recently did a day stay at ngala (HIGHLY recommend it, they are magic workers!) and HBF covered the whole thing, I didn't pay a cent.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

A&S  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by besha View Post
    Do you have private health insurance with hospital cover? I recently did a day stay at ngala (HIGHLY recommend it, they are magic workers!) and HBF covered the whole thing, I didn't pay a cent.
    I don't. I've been meaning to get it... I turn the dredded 31 next year I just haven't gotten around to it. Have you any idea how long we would have to wait? It looks like I would be paying around $700 for a private consult so I'm not sure if that might be worth the extra $$$

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes can speak highly of one and didn't use cio

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

A&S  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Yes can speak highly of one and didn't use cio
    Who did you use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    Who did you use?
    Chelsea c.onnolly sleep she's on FB does work via email and Skype

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

A&S  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    I don't. I've been meaning to get it... I turn the dredded 31 next year I just haven't gotten around to it. Have you any idea how long we would have to wait? It looks like I would be paying around $700 for a private consult so I'm not sure if that might be worth the extra $$$
    Bugger! I remember on the info I got from ngala it said they were classed as a tier 2 parenting hospital, so it definitely uses hospital cover, not extras. I guess it depends how long the waiting periods are on the individual policy you go for but I can't remember how long ours was, it's so long since I took out my policy.

I thought ngala was great but it probably does depend a lot on who you get on the day, I was lucky that the nurse I got was amazing. She taught me to listen to the different cries my bub makes, distinguish between a distressed cry and a whinge and learn when to intervene and when to give her the opportunity to self settle. When I was looking for something to help with my DS's sleep, a friend recommended a private consultant. Look up 'baby sleep with Sarah Rhodes' on fb. I never ended up contacting her but she would have been my next stop had we not seen any improvements after our stay at ngala. Good luck. No/broken sleep just sucks!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

A&S  (17-05-2016)