+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    Just a tip, to get a good tasting tea you need to make sure your water is the right temp & you brew it for the right length of time. Otherwise it'll be bitter, needing sugar and generally yuck.
    I agree with this.

As far as I know green tea and green tea based teas should be brewed at 80deg for 3 (or maybe 5) minutes. Black tea and many fruit teas should be brewed at 100deg for 5 mins.

Some leaves can be reused as well. Oh and I put a teeny bit of honey rather than sugar if required.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oooooh so subbing!
    @Mod-Uniquey
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 16-05-2016 at 23:55.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Madame Flavour Choc Orange & Choc Peppermint teas that you can get in the supermarket are my faves! They're just tea bags, but soooo tasty.

Also love a good Rooibus for at night as it's caffeine free.

A tip that I learnt for making a good cup of tea is to put a little cold water in the cup first to soak the leaves, so that when you pour in the hot water it doesn't burn the leaves. Stops your tea from tasting bitter โ˜บ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    I love tea! I tend to stick to the classic English breakfast with milk most days but for something a bit different I'll have t2's creme brรปlรฉe tea. It's a little bit sweet and is lovely with just a touch of milk. Do you have a t2 store near you? I can spend ages in there tasting teas!

Eta: I forgot to answer your other questions. I prefer leaves but make it either with my little tea infuser or my big tea mug that has a strainer sort of insert thing that sits inside it with the leaves in it. You pour the milk through and then just lift that part out. Both products from t2 as well! It's my tea heaven.
    Sometimes you answer and I could have sworn it was me!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I use an infuser when at work, but a pot at home if using leaves. I enjoy the ritual. I find it calming.

I also have an iced tea maker, and do iced tea when it is warm. At the moment I have T2s Pumping Pomegranate and Fruit Royale which I use for iced tea. I'd love the rose one from T2. The T2 Website has recipes for iced tea.

My tea cabinet currently has:
    Bags:
    - Twinings English breakfast (everyday use)
    - Dilmah black tea (everyday use)
    - Twinings lady grey (DH likes this. Citrus hit is quite strong)
    - Twinings camomile and spiced apple (quite mild but good for relaxing in the evenings)

Loose leaf:
    - Rooibos chai (that was from a market, and is delicious)
    - Caramel tea that a friend brought back from Germany for me)
    - Harrods apple infused black tea (I've never tried it!)
    - Harrods English Breakfast (everyone who is a big tea drinker loves this one, it is a fantastic blend)
    - Harrods Christmas Tea (one of my favourites and I have to wait til Christmas time every year to get it. It smells and tastes like Christmas)
    - T2 Blue Mountain (DH's favourite, and it is delicious, slightly sweet and floral)
    - T2 French Earl Grey (really enjoy this - it's like a floral Earl Grey)
    - T2 Vanilla Mint (I really love the vanilla in this. It is extra calming for me).
    - T2 darjeeling (really mild, probably not for you if you want more flavour)
    - T2 Creme Brulee (divine with a slpash of milk and a tiny bit of raw sugar)
    - T2 Terrific Toffee (really quite sweet)
    - T2 Toasty Nougat (I prefer the top 2)
    - Adore Tea vanilla black tea (really yummy!)
    - Adore tea cherry ripe (hint of sweetness, didn't enjoy as much as the vanilla)
    - Adore Tea Peppermint

If there is no T2 near you, you could always see if a cafe near you sells it. Often they sell T2 teas that are on their menus. That way you could try first.

Adore tea is amazing. It's in Canberra, but have an online store. If you're ever in Canberra on a Saturday, you should definitely make a booking for a high tea sitting. The menu is seasonal, and they match their teas to the food. I tried heaps of teas that I would have never tried otherwise, and I really enjoyed all of them (except one, which was ok, but I would have chosen any of the others over it)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (17-05-2016),nh2489  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops sorry. I do love my tea. I just didn't realise that I had so much to say on the subject.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (17-05-2016),BettyV  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My tips for tea...especially green tea...
    Don't pour the scalding hot water on the tea leaves. Either turn kettle off right before boiling or let it sit a few minutes.

If you're trying to cut out soft drinks. .I saw this tip the other day. ..I'm yet to try it.
    But user mineral water. .as in sparkling. Find a tea you like. .maybe a fruit one? And put tea bag in bottle of sparkling water and leave a few hours.
    I plan on trying this myself for something different.
    Ps... I love tea.
    Lots of good suggestions from other tea lovers here.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (17-05-2016),nh2489  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Oooooh so subbing!
    @Mod-Uniquey ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ
    Ooooh my kind of thread, will be back later to chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post

If you're trying to cut out soft drinks. .I saw this tip the other day. ..I'm yet to try it.
    But user mineral water. .as in sparkling. Find a tea you like. .maybe a fruit one? And put tea bag in bottle of sparkling water and leave a few hours.
    I plan on trying this myself for something different.
    Ps... I love tea.
    Lots of good suggestions from other tea lovers here.

Yes! I gave up soft drink about a year ago, and substituted a lot with sparkling mineral water. I'd squeeze a bit of lemon or lime in for flavour. Didn't think of using herbal teas though! That sounds tasty

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow!!! So much info! I don't know if i can wait til my birthday now.... might need to do a trip to t2 lol! Thank you everyone who commented, especially the tip about not pouring the boiling water directly on the leaves i didn't know that and have been noticing its a little bitter. I am so excited to try some of the mentioned flavours. We do have a t2 close by so that will probs be my best bet for now.
    @Tamtam I'm so tryinh that with mineral water!!
    @Tinydancer so much good info those teas all sound delish!! I need a collection like that haha
    @Heyside i should look into that too for my pcos. Let me know if you find somewhere to buy it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! Tea!! I've just cut right back on coffee as we've started TTC. I recommend TeaTonic teas, esp the Wellbeing Tea... Fresh & minty, no milk or sweeteners needed The other brand I'm liking is LoveTea - Aussie brand online too.
    On another note, any advice for Safe teas while TTC? I can't find any kind of trusted source on this topic...