Closed Thread
Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 970
  1. #231
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    8,836
    Thanked
    1,574
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    @Bongley awesome thanks!!! Do you know about the hospital cover question? Is it whether the donor has cover or if you do for her egg pickup?
    Its all about the donor. You can either pay their gap or pay the whole thing. Medicare do help you out a bit. 75% or more

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (21-05-2016),Deskar  (20-05-2016),tuxcat  (19-05-2016),winsor  (19-05-2016)

  3. #232
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    784
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked
    462
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    An embryo's development won't go backwards Luv. It can and will arrest and go no further or it will slow down, but it won't go backwards.

    I'm a bit confused. Did the technician today say your blasty was a 4AA and a different technician yesterday say it was a 3AA?? The TE/ICM grades haven't changed and are still AA which is the best of the best, only the expansion grade is in question.

    Hmmmm.....will give an opinion on that when you clarify for me
    Yes I'm a bit frustrated and upset as two different lab assistants gave two different grades on the same embryo for the same day of development. This on top of telling me another embryo somehow went backwards in development overnight from and early blast back to a compacting embryo. I just called again and she said the same thing. Getting very concerned now as this is the same lab that physically lost my 5AA a few cycles back - we were quite distressed and came to an arrangement for compensation but now all this conflicting information is worrying me. It's a scientific lab for goodness sake! They shouldn't have conflicting grades etc!!

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-05-2016),Blossom74  (21-05-2016),Deskar  (20-05-2016),Precious40  (19-05-2016),winsor  (19-05-2016)

  5. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    2,943
    Thanked
    2,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Apples1234 it's very stressful when the experts are getting muddled, particularly when they've lost an embryo!! I have found some of the tech assistants are not great at communicating, but if it's a senior person then you'd hope they had those skills sorted. Whilst I don't believe an embryo can go backwards, I'm wondering if the confusion might be that a cavitating morula is sometimes referred to as an early blast? From memory it hasn't separated and has too many cells to count. It also cannot be graded, so if you were given a grade then that would rule out that explanation. Is it possible one of them gave you the start of day rating for your other blast and somebody else gave you an afternoon rating? What does your FS say?

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    Apples1234  (19-05-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-05-2016),Blossom74  (21-05-2016),Deskar  (20-05-2016),Precious40  (19-05-2016),winsor  (19-05-2016)

  7. #234
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,620
    Thanks
    35,353
    Thanked
    19,764
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    Yes I'm a bit frustrated and upset as two different lab assistants gave two different grades on the same embryo for the same day of development. This on top of telling me another embryo somehow went backwards in development overnight from and early blast back to a compacting embryo. I just called again and she said the same thing. Getting very concerned now as this is the same lab that physically lost my 5AA a few cycles back - we were quite distressed and came to an arrangement for compensation but now all this conflicting information is worrying me. It's a scientific lab for goodness sake! They shouldn't have conflicting grades etc!!
    Ok...either they've frucked up when they've initially graded the Blasty or it's a difference of opinion between the technician's when it came to grading them. One technician's idea of a 3AA is another one's idea of a 4AA if that makes sense??

    Either way, there should be some kind of uniformity there somewhere, but as I said, the TE/ICM grades have remained consistent which is really the heart of the embryo Luv, it's only a slight variation of the expansion grade that's in question but I can see why you feel anxious about it and upset too after their fruck up in the past Cycle with your other embryo How does that even happen FFS?? I'm so sorry it happened to you

    That's utter BS about the other embryo going backwards too!! I'd love to hear her explanation on how that happens!!!

    ETA- When push comes to shove, you want the TE/ICM grades to be the highest over the expansion grade IMO and you've got that Luv
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 19-05-2016 at 17:53.

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (21-05-2016),Deskar  (20-05-2016),Gagingi  (19-05-2016),Precious40  (19-05-2016),winsor  (19-05-2016)

  9. #235
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,620
    Thanks
    35,353
    Thanked
    19,764
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @Apples1234 it's very stressful when the experts are getting muddled, particularly when they've lost an embryo!! I have found some of the tech assistants are not great at communicating, but if it's a senior person then you'd hope they had those skills sorted. Whilst I don't believe an embryo can go backwards, I'm wondering if the confusion might be that a cavitating morula is sometimes referred to as an early blast? From memory it hasn't separated and has too many cells to count. It also cannot be graded, so if you were given a grade then that would rule out that explanation. Is it possible one of them gave you the start of day rating for your other blast and somebody else gave you an afternoon rating? What does your FS say?

    Ooooh...good point Luv

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (21-05-2016),Deskar  (20-05-2016),Precious40  (19-05-2016),winsor  (19-05-2016)

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    784
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked
    462
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default IVF over 40 #32

    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Ok...either they've frucked up when they've initially graded the Blasty or it's a difference of opinion between the technician's when it came to grading them. One technician's idea of a 3AA is another one's idea of a 4AA if that makes sense??

    Either way, there should be some kind of uniformity there somewhere, but as I said, the TE/ICM grades have remained the same which is really the heart of the embryo Luv, it's only a slight variation of the expansion grade that's in question but I can see why you feel anxious about it and upset too after their fruck up in the past Cycle with your other embryo How does that even happen FFS?? I'm so sorry it happened to you

    That's utter BS about the other embryo going backwards too!! I'd love to hear her explanation on how that happens!!!
    Hmm ok. I felt like the first lab assistant that told me it was an early blast was very competent and well informed and the second one was all mixed up. The first one graded it a blast yesterday and the second a compacting embryo today. But sadly that means we might lose that embryo as she said they won't freeze it if it's not a blast and she has classified it as a blast that reversed to a compacting embryo. She threw some scientific terminology at me to explain it but basically said that an early blast can compact backwards. Sounds like defying nature to me!
    Last edited by Apples1234; 19-05-2016 at 18:12.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-05-2016),Blossom74  (21-05-2016),Deskar  (20-05-2016),winsor  (19-05-2016)

  13. #237
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,620
    Thanks
    35,353
    Thanked
    19,764
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    Hmm ok. I felt like the first lab assistant that told me it was an early blast was very competent and well informed and the second one was all mixed up. The first one graded it a blast yesterday and the second a compacting embryo today. But sadly that means we might lose that embryo as she said they won't freeze it if it's not a blast and she has classified it as a blast that reversed to a compacting embryo. She threw some scientific terminology at me to explain it but basically said that an early blast can compact backwards. Sounds like defying nature to me!

    A blastocyst cannot reverse it's development and go back to being a compacting morula!! You're right Luv...it would be defying nature!!

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    ange1111  (19-05-2016),Blossom74  (21-05-2016),Deskar  (20-05-2016),winsor  (19-05-2016)

  15. #238
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked
    697
    Reviews
    0
    Ok epic fail on the blood test they tried 4 times and no blood omg that has just hurt and no pucking rest now omfg

  16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tegs26 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-05-2016),Blossom74  (21-05-2016),Deskar  (20-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (19-05-2016),Gagingi  (19-05-2016),Precious40  (19-05-2016),Rhino  (20-05-2016),tuxcat  (19-05-2016),winsor  (19-05-2016)

  17. #239
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    @Bongley awesome thanks!!! Do you know about the hospital cover question? Is it whether the donor has cover or if you do for her egg pickup?
    Oh sorry, I don't really remember, I just remember paying around $1500 for the theatre.

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-05-2016),Blossom74  (21-05-2016),Deskar  (20-05-2016),Precious40  (19-05-2016),tuxcat  (19-05-2016),winsor  (19-05-2016)

  19. #240
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,620
    Thanks
    35,353
    Thanked
    19,764
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by tegs26 View Post
    Ok epic fail on the blood test they tried 4 times and no blood omg that has just hurt and no pucking rest now omfg

    Oh, FFS's Luv!!!

    Now you'll have to go back and do it again!! You poor Luv!!! You must feel like a pin cushion now!!

    Did they try warming up the inside of your arms with a heat pack for a few minutes first to try to get a vein to sit up????

    Drink a sh!tload of fluid prior to your next test and keep your arms as warm a possible and try a heat pack just prior to taking the specimen next time and see if that helps is my advice

  20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (21-05-2016),Deskar  (20-05-2016),Gagingi  (19-05-2016),Precious40  (19-05-2016),Rhino  (20-05-2016),tegs26  (19-05-2016),tuxcat  (19-05-2016),winsor  (19-05-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Maternity Clothes
Looking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find preloved maternity wear
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!