@ange1111 I would talk it through with your clinic, see what they say. Im a low responder who's numbers have been all over the place but have decreased in the last 2 years. So I would go for it. You may have had 20 in past cycles but how many embryos has that given you? That is really the question as you might just end up with the same amount in both cases but better quality with less follicles. I also don't know about intralipds. HTH
@ange1111 I find my response to the same drugs varies each time too and for me higher numbers of eggs doesn't necessarily mean more mature eggs or more embryos. Then sometimes I just have a lousy cycle, but haven't necessarily known that until after EPU (or vice versa an average sounding response can lead to good egg numbers). It makes all the decision making very hard.
With the intralipids I usually have them 7-10 days before EPU, at EPU, and then at ET. Can you have them after EPU or the day before?
Last edited by Gagingi; 19-05-2016 at 12:13.
ange1111 Warren will do day 6 freeze and day 7 too. My BFP came from a day 6 fresh transfer when my Embie wasn't a blast on day 5 he wanted to see how it went an extra day then transferred one and froze 2 day 6s.
Then with the remaining, told me to call on day 7 to see if any extras were good enough to freeze. Unfortunately they weren't...
@ange1111 over 7 cycles my response varied from 4-21 eggs and we usually only get 1 embie - once we got two. Follies also varied of course and for cycle #6 half my 20+ follies were empty, whereas usually I don't have any empty follies. That was distressing as I worried it was the big 42-43 fertility drop, but just turned out to be a bad cycle. I've also had quite a few immature eggs in there - although that has improved with Wazza's magical pharmacy, his stim protocol, and PICSI/HA-ICSI. Warren prefers day 5 or 6 blasts. He is a believer that if they don't make it to day 5 then they wouldn't have made it, but if you ask for an earlier transfer or freeze I imagine he'll be fine with that. I think @BiBV did a three day transfer with her lo. With the slower ones he'll give them an extra day - I think our BFP is from a 5.5-6 day blast (that we transferred as a FET). QFG don't recommend going to day 7 as the culture medium is not appropriate. Warren transfers whatever he can as he doesn't like to waste embies given that grading is so subjective, so hopefully that will help you out when you cycle with CM/Wazza.
PS. I do have PCOS, so higher AMH and more eggs, but potentially lower quality eggs.
Last edited by Gagingi; 19-05-2016 at 16:48.
Tahli haven't you had enough **** recently?!?! My fur babies are my only babies and I cry into them a lot when they're on my lap. I can't imagine what you are going through, thinking of you xxx
@Bongley Ive been trying to find that post you did with the breakdown of your cycle costs..too hard!! With the hospital cover for your donor is it whether she has medical cover or is it based on your medical cover? We have top hospital cover but Im guessing that won't even matter if its based on the donor's. My mum has offered to help us pay for it which is so great, has taken a huge load off my shoulders so Im just trying to start to get my head around everything.
If you happen to have that list within copy and paste would you mind posting it otherwise I have the info from Genea its just getting a very realistic look at it. I know you said counselling is extra too. I don't expect you to retype btw only if you had it somewhere!!!
I also just spoke to RPA and you can transfer your embryos it might just be a matter of waiting out the quarantine period of 3 months before you can use them, Robyn is going to call me tomorrow as she up to speed on it all and wasn't there.
@winsor - thought this might all be useful for you too when you find your donor and if she is interstate you can transfer back to RPA and go through them.
The plan is to do the first one through Genea and then if we need more transfers we can go through RPA.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!