+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 2016 Election thread

With the election not too far away, I thought we could have a thread to keep up with it.

Shorten is promising access to swimming lessons for all primary school aged children. I think it's a great step, as the cost of lessons are out of reach for many families. However, I think it would be better to implement this for younger children.

http://m.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/...er-labor-plan/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really hope this promise comes through if they get in. I'm a firm believer that all kids should have swimming lessons and it should start from 6-12 month of age ( not lessons but water awareness )

Drowning is such a preventable thing IMO..

But I'm also realistic and know it's probably just a ploy to grab votes. I have little to no faith in politicians

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't they already do this though? I know our school does. They do a week in term 4 from PP.

I'm annoyed that the negativity has already started. Apparently Malcolm has "a plan", and Shorten is just a "Bill".

Every election I hope that each party will just tell us their plans for the future and focus on what they will do and not go negative. I'm always disappointed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Don't they already do this though? I know our school does. They do a week in term 4 from PP.
    He wants to roll out a national scheme, which includes theory and practical. Given their concern with the amount of children leaving primary school unable to adequately float or swim 50 metres etc, I'd say it would be more in depth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh, cool. I didn't read the whole article as every time I opened it, I could read the first para but then it kept trying to open a new page to some click bait thing. So I gave up after the third attempt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Ahh, cool. I didn't read the whole article as every time I opened it, I could read the first para but then it kept trying to open a new page to some click bait thing. So I gave up after the third attempt.
    This one explains more, anyway
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...7919a228fb98bd