+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Childcare menu issue

Just wondering if this is normal. DD has been in childcare for a month now, from the start I have asked every week if they could photocopy or email the weekly menu. They keep forgetting and I have to ask so many times and even then most weeks I don't get it.

The menu they have up in the room has not been changed for weeks so I can't check it when I drop off or pick up.

DD is an extremely fussy eater and if I know what they're having in advance I can make the same thing for a couple of days at home to get her used to it, also we have some dietary issues so I need to know what they're having.

Do you usually know what your kids are eating at daycare? I would think this is pretty standard info to provide to parents. Their lack of communication is starting to annoy me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our daycare centre has a rolling 4 week menu that is posted up on the wall in the foyer. The educators also write what the kids had for the day on the running sheet

ETA: the menu changes every 3 months.
    Last edited by Moxy; 16-05-2016 at 12:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the 4 week rolling menu as well. It changes each season. It's posted where it is easily accessible. I also ask them to email it to me and they always do. I like being able to avoid giving pasta for dinner if they had it for lunch. My son also has Type 1 diabetes so I need to know if I have to tell them to adjust what they give him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine does a rolling menu as well. When we get there the meals (lunch and 2 snacks) for the day are written on the white board and when we pick up it is written down how much of each each child has had. I have never had issues with dd eating the food (she normally has 3 serves of lunch regardless of what is on the menu!) so have never asked for the menu in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never had a clue as to what he was going to have. I just used to ask him afterwards. Would have been nice to know but they were a bit useless at putting up menus. Lucky for us DS was happy to eat whatever they gave him mostly.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Childcare menu issue

We get a weekly menu from our centre. It looks like this: ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1463371392.133806.jpg
    I would be quite concerned if they went to lengths not to provide it or were just too slack to follow up. It's not a good sign of their management & communication with parents.
    We highly value being able to see what the kids are being served every day (prepared in the centre) as we have had issues with the menu before and expressed our opinion and the centre removed certain regular foods after we voiced our concerns (eg jelly, which is basically just sugar, and no nutritional content).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never knew in advance what my DS was eating at daycare...I think it was posted on the Centres kitchen door, but I never actually checked. I always just asked DS. Obviously, he doesn't have any food issues though...it wouldn't suprise me if his daycare would also be a bit hopeless if I asked for it to be sent each week though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    The centre menu is displayed at the front desk and they've recently started emailing it home too, on the Friday for the following week. Useful for meal planning so I don't give the same as she's already had at lunch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It should be displayed at the centre and kept up to date. I don't think they should have to email it to you though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours emails and it's on display in reception.

They should be able to give you a weekly menu.