+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is very weird and random, but travelling to USA with my friend to watch the Michael Jackson trial in 2005.. I'd been a huge fan of his since I was a young girl, and my life long dream until that point was to meet him or at least see him in person.
    It was an amazing experience, I got to meet some incredible people, including his cousin who took us to Disney land which was so much fun, I didn't meet the man himself but sat in close proximity to him in the court room on several occasions. A very weird circumstance under which to see your lifelong idol, but still 😆

Other than that, most of my best experiences involve travelling and snowboarding.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best life experience

Travelling to USA for a month when I was 16. First week we spent in New York was amazing! I was too scared to go on the subway so we walked and took cabs everywhere. We walked some of the Brooklyn bridge. And I swear I had never had meals so big before in my life, the pancakes were massive. And delicious. I also did other cool things Yosemite National Park, small 8 seater plane over the Grand Canyon, helicopter over Las Vegas strip, Disneyland, delicious seafood in San Fransisco and loads of shopping! In Vegas we stayed at the Luxor and being "The Mummy" and ancient Egyptian nerd I am, I loved it! Last week was in Hawaii and we pretty much did nothing the whole week apart from eat! We had such a jam packed trip we definitely needed a relax week.

Another experience was going to Japan on a snowboarding holiday with a group of friends and DH (then bf). We spent a couple of weeks at the resorts around Hakuba and then 5 nights in Tokyo. We had so much fun riding in the day (until I got injured!) with only a couple of us and then of a night time we would all cook together and laugh at each other's crashes. And when we all went to Disneyland was so much fun! It was sleeting and pretty terrible weather but we just wore our snow gear and we were set. The biggest kids
    Last edited by Wissa; 16-05-2016 at 20:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was learning to forgive my father. Talking to him one last time and realising he was just a human being who made mistakes and didn't know how to begin to fix them. Made me reevaluate myself as a parent and I felt much better once I wasn't carrying around that anger and hatred.

My other was probably I went on a four day holiday by myself, first time flying, to a city id never been to and literally got lost there. Just explored and took every thing in. The world is bigger than I am and is a beautiful interesting place. I spoke with strangers, met artists and comedians in alleys late at night. It was crazy. Returned home with a new appreciation for it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mine was only recently. While I am currently in Egypt, when we were in Aswan and travelled out to Abu Simbel to see the temples. Seeing such amazing work from the Ancient Egyptians, they were so advanced in what they did. The temple was mind blowing, the statues, I was in awe of.

It has always been a dream of mine to come to Egypt to see the pyramids and temples and I have done just that. It's been amazing here. I look forward to bringing kiddo here one day when he is older.
    @Wissa, I am currently in Luxor and just got back from seeing the Valley of the Kings. The temples with their colours, WOW!. I wish we were allowed to take photos

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

loodle  (16-05-2016),Ngaiz  (16-05-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (16-05-2016),Wissa  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Camping around NZ for a month with 2 girlfriends when I was 20. My first taste of freedom and travel.

I've travelled a bit since then and it's all been wonderful, but our trip last year to Borneo with another family was brilliant. I came home with such appreciation not only for our country, but for the Borneans who move through their days with such ease and joy.

Also my years between age 22 and 27. In this period DH and I got married, were both working full time with no kids, met amazing people who are now lifelong friends, lived it up and just loved and lived life as much as possible. I regret none of it (including the money wasting) as it truly was an awesome time in my life.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best life experience

Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Time in Africa. It was my lifelong dream then I met DH who is South African so we both love visiting. Some of my biggest highlights so far have been spending my 30th in a fly-in camp in the Okavango delta in Botswana the night before starting a private walking safari. I will never forget that. Trekking to see mountain gorillas in Rwanda. And our last trip, a 7000km road trip up the west coast of South Africa and Namibia and over to Zambia. Nothing quite like sitting in your own car with not a soul around watching a rhino or a couple of lionesses under a tree. Just DH and I on the road having a break from ivf can't wait to take DD to see DHs home.
    Sounds amazing.

Such a wonderful uplifting thread. Loving reading them all..😊
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 17-05-2016 at 01:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Mine was only recently. While I am currently in Egypt, when we were in Aswan and travelled out to Abu Simbel to see the temples. Seeing such amazing work from the Ancient Egyptians, they were so advanced in what they did. The temple was mind blowing, the statues, I was in awe of.

It has always been a dream of mine to come to Egypt to see the pyramids and temples and I have done just that. It's been amazing here. I look forward to bringing kiddo here one day when he is older.
    @Wissa, I am currently in Luxor and just got back from seeing the Valley of the Kings. The temples with their colours, WOW!. I wish we were allowed to take photos
    This! Egypt was one of the best experiences of my life. Absolutely indescribable 👍🏼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    This! Egypt was one of the best experiences of my life. Absolutely indescribable 👍🏼
    Genuine question. Is it now safe again for tourists?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    I went in 2007, before the change in regime. I'm not sure if it's safe for tourists anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I went in 2007, before the change in regime. I'm not sure if it's safe for tourists anymore.
    Most definately safe. You respect the laws, you are ok. My first day I felt overwhelmed but I am more than able to stick up for myself if the need came. I finish my tour tonight and will be here for a few days by myself. Even changed my accomodation from a hotel to a hostel.

I have worn mostly covered clothing but have worn shorts shorter than my knees as we were in temps of nearly 50 degrees dry heat while also out and about sight seeing.

Most people are friendly(we found the most loveliest lady in Luxor and wanted to give her a tip but she kept declining despite all us on the tour insisting(4 of us on tour in my group).

I would love to come back again one day perhaps because I have made a fantastic friend in my tour guide but he plans on coming over to visit me too. I wouldn't have any hesitation on bringing kiddo over here either.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (17-05-2016),witherwings  (17-05-2016)