+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Being a bit of a band aid in my early 20's following a pile of Aussie bands around the country and soaking up the music scene.

The Europe trip I did with my DP before we got engaged and had kids. Greek Islands, Italy, Paris, Amsterdam we bought anything we wanted, ate anywhere we wanted, it was glorious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quit my job, sold car, furniture etc and traveled to Europe and US for 6 months with my then hubby. I came back pregnant with DS. So glad I did the big Europe trip pre kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So many travellers I'm jealous I wish I travelled before buying my house and having bubs..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    So many travellers I'm jealous I wish I travelled before buying my house and having bubs..
    You can do it with kids! Just not the same way. I have a savings account for my 40th (in 6 years) to spend 6 weeks in a Spanish villa soaking up the Mediterranean with my babies and hubby. Day trips to Barcelona and Seville. It's going to be worth the wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    We didnt really start travelling until we had a child and had a house. Just a different style of travelling once kids are involved but still great

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Best life experience - Leaving Australia alone at 21, to backpack the world for 2 years. I returned a completely different person.

Most memorable - Going all out on our honeymoon to the Maldives as a once in a lifetime holiday, costing as much as a home deposit... Don't regret a single dollar spent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Travelling by ship to Antarctica for a month. Realising that life without news and without phones is liberating. Comprehending that humans are just a small part of the world's amazing species diversity and that so many things we think are important really don't matter, because the totality of nature is so much more than us. Feeling pure, unadulterated joy and a sense of deep gratitude and privelege while watching a colony of penguins going about their business. Cruising past towering icebergs and feeling liberated by my comparative insignificance. It really put my own world into perspective.

I also loved backpacking around South America for a couple of months. No firm plans or schedules, just us and our bags. Seeing a different way of life, and developing an appreciation of how priveleged and fortunate we are. And seeing amazing scenery - towering mountains, vast deserts and raging waterfalls. Such a great couple of months.
    Last edited by Gentoo; 16-05-2016 at 19:10.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel a little like an under achiever reading all of these amazing stories. I guess for me my best life experience would be between moving in with my grandmother while completing Uni. The ability to spend a few extra years as a Uni student before entering the adult world were amazing and I'm so glad I got the opportunity to do it, while also forging an even deeper relationship with my gran as she battled through terminal cancer taking away her independence.

As for an experience I would have to say spending a weekend at Nan Tien Buddhist temple in Wollongong at a meditation retreat with my mum and sister last year. I also was lucky enough to do in High School on an excursion but so glad I took my mum back and I think I came home to my husband and children so very refreshed. I wish it were closer so I could do it again, solo even.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    You can do it with kids! Just not the same way. I have a savings account for my 40th (in 6 years) to spend 6 weeks in a Spanish villa soaking up the Mediterranean with my babies and hubby. Day trips to Barcelona and Seville. It's going to be worth the wait.
    Yeah I can when she's a bit older
    That's a great idea maybe I'll open up a holiday account too
    Worth the wait for sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    My work...having the opportunity to build relationships with kids from seriously awful circumstances.
    Having the opportunity to see my kids grow up with extended family around. I didn't have that as a kid, and am so glad I can see them build such close relationships.
    Travelling with my DP. We had a fantastic trip in Asia, but my best memories are from long road trips around Australia.
    Being in a long-term relationship that began in high school. That may sound strange, but it's been a wonderful experience to essentially grow up and to mature together.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (16-05-2016)