+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just remembered the cake cutting song was rhonan Keating. I don't like him. At. All. I will forever remember that moment though, we laugh now about the ridiculousness of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our first dance was Alicia Keys - if it ain't you. We didn't have a cake, so can't help you there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    i just remembered the cake cutting song was rhonan keating. I don't like him. At. All. I will forever remember that moment though, we laugh now about the ridiculousness of it.
    omg 😂😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a song by Hunter Hayes called Wanted. Loved the lyrics and the fact it was not a common song 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    @Mod-Nomsie do you get to choose every song you want played?

I had that option. They even allowed me to choose songs I did NOT want played. Unfortunately the DJ went a bit rogue and decided to throw in crud songs I didn't want (even the trite 'wedding' songs I specifically had on the 'do not play' list). I had to go up to him numerous times and ask what he was doing. At one point he told me he was trying to 'tire out the oldies' when the only elderly person at my wedding was my Nan!

Just be wary as all. This is not the only DJ I've had beef with in the past. Yeah, I'm that woman who feuds with DJs.

Our DJ did this too, kept playing songs off our do not play list. However DH may have (stupidly) told some of his friends/brothers about the list and they kept going up to the DJ and requesting them specifically LOL.

For the bouquet toss I had Kimbra 'I want to settle down' (However the DJ played a not as great remixed version )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't read through.

I don't know any of your listed songs by name but I may if I had heard them.

We did not have a specific cake cutting song it was just whatever was playing on the mix.
    I walked down the aisle to "Here comes the sun" written by the Beatles but mine was the Nina Simone version.
    My first dance song was Dave Matthews Band "Crash Into me" not very well known but a super sentimental song for me. I still tear up when I hear it 3 years on.
    Our introduce song (first time introduced as man and wife into the reception) was Michael Bubles "lovers ion of "Feeling Good".

Ours weren't crazy left field but also don't think they were annoyingly popular either. They were all YES THIS IS IT songs. When I thought of them I just knew.
    Hope you find your perfect ones.

But keep in mind... Even if they're not perfect right now, after using them they will forever be perfect in your mind because you will associate them with your beautiful day

Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Our first dance was Alicia Keys - if it ain't you. We didn't have a cake, so can't help you there!
    This was what we had too!

If you're wanting something that actually has modern waltz timing, then this song does. (Btw...it's 'if I ain't got you')