Permanent care Victoria | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Permanent care Victoria

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with permanent care? Myself and hubby are starting the adoption process but are considering also applying for permanent care, just wondering if anyone can share some light on it? Positives and negatives?

Thank you in advance

Muzzy x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    anybody?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi muzzy,
    We are just at the beginning of the process so i probably dont have much advice for you, but as noone else has responded i'll tell you what i know! From what we have been told permanent care children tend to be a little older than for adoption. As adopted children are removed from their biological families voluntarily this often happens in the few months after birth. Permanent care children are involuntarily removed from their parents care. by the time needy children are identified, dhs investigations and court proceeding occur, it means they are often a little older. There are more children available for PC than adoption, but we were told that a lot of Pc children have special needs (medical or psychological, or traumatic background) and that the numbers of 'uncomplicated' pc children are similar to the number of children adopted per year. There is an extra training day for pc as they cover dealing with some of these complex needs of pc children. Both adoptive and pc children will potentially have visitation with biological parents. For adoption, biological parents can choose from 3 potential families, but for pc the 3 families are presented to a panel who make the decision. I hope this helps! I believe if you are already in the adoption application process then your pc application is faster. We are doing a dual application. Looking forward to training days to learn more!