+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How has your relationship with your DP changed since having kids?

Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Thanks! I work in non profit.. How many days will DD go in? When does she start? My DD is due to start July 4th.. If I find work tho then maybe it can be brought forward.. She'll be in up to 4 days tho 😞

What sector do you work in?
    She's been going 3 days since Feb as I would lose her spot if I waited until June to enrol her. She's loves daycare which makes that part easy, I think it will tough though when I start work and drop her there at 6:30am and not see her again until the next morning (unless she continues to wake during the night, likely!!). I'm in oil and gas which had taken a massive dive recently. Most of my old team has been let go. I'm half expecting to be made redundant when I go back.

I saw in other thread that you got made redundant...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    She's been going 3 days since Feb as I would lose her spot if I waited until June to enrol her. She's loves daycare which makes that part easy, I think it will tough though when I start work and drop her there at 6:30am and not see her again until the next morning (unless she continues to wake during the night, likely!!). I'm in oil and gas which had taken a massive dive recently. Most of my old team has been let go. I'm half expecting to be made redundant when I go back.

I saw in other thread that you got made redundant...
    Thanks.. Yeah. It's sucks but I wasn't happy there towards the end so it was probably a good thing. If i manage to get another job soon then I'll be OK.
    I'm sorry to hear your feeling sad about going back. It's tough. I'm glad to hear your DD loves it tho. That's encouraging! My DD's a little firecracker cum jack in the box so I'm hoping she gets a lot out of it. Best of luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all- loved reading some of these posts as this topic has been on my mind for about 16 weeks now!
    But my biggest concern is whether my husband will grow up a bit...
    He isn't the greatest with home duties, and plays a few games online. He is excited for a baby and getting home from work to be with the child and I have no worries about him being a great dad, but I'm just worried that his immature and wasteful spending of money on little 'projects' won't stop!
    He has so many little projects on the go but never seems to finish them and wastes so much money on these ! I love that he has a passion but I don't think he realises how much money, time and sometimes stress a baby can bring.
    So my question is- did any of you ladies have a somewhat lazy partner who had a baby and then grew up?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tassiewife For This Useful Post:

Belter  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tassiewife View Post
    Hi all- loved reading some of these posts as this topic has been on my mind for about 16 weeks now!
    But my biggest concern is whether my husband will grow up a bit...
    He isn't the greatest with home duties, and plays a few games online.

So my question is- did any of you ladies have a somewhat lazy partner who had a baby and then grew up?
    My dh is a gamer. And does nothing around the house.

That hasn't changed.

But he is hands on with the kids. Well, not as newborns as he has no confidence, and not at night as I have boobs and he drives a long way to work, and not in the mornings as he's not a morning person, and not when he's gaming.....

He devotes a couple of hours each sat and Sunday to gaming, and the odd weeknight but I figure other DHs are doing the same with hobbies like sport.

I've learned to speak up somewhat and ask for me time and nap time so we kind of swap watching the kids but it is really hard to do so with a newborn.

My advice is speak up before the resentment builds otherwise you'll just look like a crazy lady. Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also find giving your dh a "choice" will help it sound less like nagging too. Such as "do you want to do the dishes whilst I bath bubs or you do want to bath bubs whilst I was the dishes?"

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (17-05-2016),binnielici  (17-05-2016),tassiewife  (18-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    My dh is a gamer. And does nothing around the house.

That hasn't changed.

But he is hands on with the kids. Well, not as newborns as he has no confidence, and not at night as I have boobs and he drives a long way to work, and not in the mornings as he's not a morning person, and not when he's gaming.....

He devotes a couple of hours each sat and Sunday to gaming, and the odd weeknight but I figure other DHs are doing the same with hobbies like sport.

I've learned to speak up somewhat and ask for me time and nap time so we kind of swap watching the kids but it is really hard to do so with a newborn.

My advice is speak up before the resentment builds otherwise you'll just look like a crazy lady. Good luck.
    You've summed it up perfectly. Especially the last paragraph, I often look like a crazy lady as things that used to not bother me - gaming, not pitching in around the house etc (as that's when I used to have my time and do my own thing) now irks me as I'm with the kids and not getting me time. Having a baby, although it changes your world (for the best), it does not always equate to equal changes.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-05-2016),tassiewife  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I also find giving your dh a "choice" will help it sound less like nagging too. Such as "do you want to do the dishes whilst I bath bubs or you do want to bath bubs whilst I was the dishes?"
    Jeez, you give good advice @Little Miss Sunshine. This works much better. I need to directly tell my DH to do things even if to me it seems like an obvious thing to do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (18-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tassiewife View Post
    Yes. My Dh improved dramatically.

It took me going back to work for him to pull his socks up. Because we worked opp shifts he had to pull his weight.

And I lost it.

I explained or yelled that when he returned from work I'd have done dishes/washing/housework etc. Why couldn't he? Was he useless?

He has gone from a gaming gym junkie to zero games, gym at work only and sport on Saturday.
    He does bed/bath solo for all three of home (I feed baby then palm off).
    He cooks on days off and will pop meals on slow cooker if needed.
    He is responsible for bathrooms, changing sheets, vacuuming and grocery shopping.

Of course if he is around. Which is rarely.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (17-05-2016),Gentoo  (17-05-2016),tassiewife  (18-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Yes. My Dh improved dramatically.

It took me going back to work for him to pull his socks up. Because we worked opp shifts he had to pull his weight.

And I lost it.

I explained or yelled that when he returned from work I'd have done dishes/washing/housework etc. Why couldn't he? Was he useless?

He has gone from a gaming gym junkie to zero games, gym at work only and sport on Saturday.
    He does bed/bath solo for all three of home (I feed baby then palm off).
    He cooks on days off and will pop meals on slow cooker if needed.
    He is responsible for bathrooms, changing sheets, vacuuming and grocery shopping.

Of course if he is around. Which is rarely.
    love all of this!! 👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for their responses. Xx