+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What Pearlygirl said!
    I've been meaning to reply, but haven't got around to it yet. Your description really resonates with me though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it changed heaps to the point of us both having to really put a lot of effort into even understanding each other as parents. We are totally different in the way we respond to the kids (2yrs and 5 yrs old) so that has greatly changed the way we relate to one another as well because for the first few years it was like living with a stranger even though we'd been together for 7 years prior to having a baby.

We are still together and pretty much happy as a couple but it took a lot of hard work and communication to come back to the point that we were at prior to having children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Yup that's me!!

Are you looking for work?
    Hello. Yes. I have a couple of interviews in the next week so fingers crossed. Will your bub go to daycare?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiceo View Post
    Yes it changed heaps to the point of us both having to really put a lot of effort into even understanding each other as parents. We are totally different in the way we respond to the kids (2yrs and 5 yrs old) so that has greatly changed the way we relate to one another as well because for the first few years it was like living with a stranger even though we'd been together for 7 years prior to having a baby.

We are still together and pretty much happy as a couple but it took a lot of hard work and communication to come back to the point that we were at prior to having children.
    This is a really inspiring story. What methods did you use to turn it around other than the usual date night etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck!!! My fingers are crossed for you too. What industry do you work in?

Yup, DD will go to daycare and then my mum will look after her in the evenings as I won't make it back in time before daycare closes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    This is a really inspiring story. What methods did you use to turn it around other than the usual date night etc?
    I guess we just are incredibly set in our ways. Although we did talk about breaking up it just seemed like that would make everyone unhappy so we just stuck together and eventually over time we have grown into our roles as parents.

We tend to let a lot of things go now that in the beginning would have seemed like major argument starters. I am very child focused. Dp not so much so i used to fly off the handle for anything that i thought was not 100% perfect for our children. Now i just stick to the basics of what their needs are and if dp has that covered off then I'm happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think our relationship has changed much at all - it's definitely stronger.

We went through so much together when we had DS (premature arrival = roller coaster journey). We are both on the same page when it comes to putting DS's needs first, so we parent together well.

I feel like the 3 of us are like a fun little team. DS has additional needs (Autism), so we certainly have challenges at times, but we get through it together.

The only thing that has really changed dramatically is our lifestyle. Relationship wise though, becoming parents has not had any negative impact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course it has. First baby and the first few months were hard, but we are best friends so talked it out. Since then we are so much more intentional with taking care of our family, our relationship and ourselves. My hubby will ask every couple of months "are you happy with life, with us?". At first this scared the crap out of me cause I thought he was asking cause he wasn't but it was his way of caring for me and making sure I'm good. I also take care of him by reminding him when he hasn't hung out with the guys for a while, or ask when his gonna have another games night. You got to take care of each other not just the relationship but of the individual people so the relationship has two healthy people in it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mumsies For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How has your relationship with your DP changed since having kids?

Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Good luck!!! My fingers are crossed for you too. What industry do you work in?

Yup, DD will go to daycare and then my mum will look after her in the evenings as I won't make it back in time before daycare closes.
    Thanks! I work in non profit.. How many days will DD go in? When does she start? My DD is due to start July 4th.. If I find work tho then maybe it can be brought forward.. She'll be in up to 4 days tho 😞

What sector do you work in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's definitely changed. Because we have both changed. We spend a lot less time together but it just means whenever we can get time together is precious and we make it work