+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    It sounds like you're having a really hard time. Big hugs.. How old is your DD? I really think the first year is the absolute hardest and most people find it a big strain on the relationship. It does get easier!
    Thank you. She's ten months. I just feel like a bit of a zombie tbh..
    Kind of on some groundhog loop..
    I think it will be better once I'm working as I'll find me again.. My line of work is something with purpose which I miss terribly.
    I also need to study and get back into yoga.. Poor DD. it's not her fault. I just miss 'me' and have no idea who i am anymore.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    I think it will be better once I'm working as I'll find me again.. My line of work is something with purpose which I miss terribly.
    I also need to study and get back into yoga.. Poor DD. it's not her fault. I just miss 'me' and have no idea who i am anymore.
    I remember that feeling - i could have written that post not so long ago. It gets better, really, it does ☺

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I love your lovely family xxx
    Aww as I do yours ☺️ We both got lucky didn't we. Foxy other halves and we ain't too bad at making pretty amazing kids, all with their cheeky golden grins xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember feeling really similar at that age. It def gets better! You have this little being that's so dependent on you every day, it can be easy to loose yourself a bit.

Working and getting out and doing a few things for your self can do wonders. Even if you start small, it's ok to take a bit of time for yourself, we so often put that aside. I find it makes me a better mum and partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in a pretty good place now. The first year was a little tough, DH was working a lot, DS went through a terrible sleeping patch and sickness almost weekly throughout winter last year which drove me absolutely nuts. But DH has always had my back, he's a fantastic dad and really dotes on DS. We fight sometimes of course but we both pull our weight and we have a pretty good routine that's working for us. A pretty strict bedtime of 7pm for DS also keeps us sane. We have time to spend together at night watching a movie, have a nice dessert etc and catch up. One person will get some chores done while the other does the bath time routine and then we try to do minimal stuff after DS is in bed. Sometimes DH has to work at night and I use this time to read or browse the net or whatever, same as when I'm on my way into work on the train as I can relax then too. On weekends we take turns getting up to DS in the morning so the other can have a lie in and during the week we take turns getting up to DS overnight (which is really only when he is sick now). Me going back to work helped a lot too as it eased the pressure of DH to provide and it has been good for me to go back to work as well and earn an income.

We still get out and about but tend to do it more separately than before, but that's ok. We have date nights out every now and then, but at the moment we aren't too fussed and I'm quite happy just eating takeaway and watching a movie and DH feels the same. All our friends have kids too and we do big catchups with all the kids when we can.

We are in a really good place at the moment, possibly better than it has been before. We work really well as a team and it has really become apparent since we had DS. He is a relatively easy toddler which also helps a lot. Life's good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to reply later also

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to write a post but no need as you have described exactly how I feel. My DD is also 10 months. I'm also hoping things will improve when I start work in a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I remember feeling really similar at that age. It def gets better! You have this little being that's so dependent on you every day, it can be easy to loose yourself a bit.

Working and getting out and doing a few things for your self can do wonders. Even if you start small, it's ok to take a bit of time for yourself, we so often put that aside. I find it makes me a better mum and partner.
    Thank you for your support. I'm praying that as soon as I find work I'll be happier.. But then I feel so terribly guilty about not loving every minute of this precious time..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I was going to write a post but no need as you have described exactly how I feel. My DD is also 10 months. I'm also hoping things will improve when I start work in a few weeks.
    I'm sorry you're feeling like this also.. I guess it's very common. When do you go back? Are you the lady commuting to Brisbane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry you're feeling like this also.. I guess it's very common. When do you go back? Are you the lady commuting to Brisbane?
    Yup that's me!!

Are you looking for work?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast