+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bexsero meningococcal b vaccine

Has anyone had their child vaccinated against meningococcal b with bexsero? Did your child have side effects especially fever? What was it like?

I'm currently tossing up whether I'll get bexsero for my 10 month old DD. I'm pretty sure I will so some first hand experiences would be good to know. TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Currently doing both of my kids. They have both had their first and now due their seconds. Ds2 was 8 months when he had his first jab ds2 over 2 years. Neither had any side effects. They forgot to mention to give panadol before hand so I gave some straight afterwards and they advise to give another dose 6 and 12 hours later I think. But no fevers in either of my two.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes here. DS has his first dose with his 6 month shots. It was a lot but I felt worse with him getting shots, and then again a month later.

He ran a low fever, but nothing too bad. I need to get his second dose in him soon before his 12 month shots.

Immunisations are never pleasant to watch, but it's far better than a sick child.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has had all 3 Bexsero shots (at 5, 7 and about 18 months). Had a fever after the first two, no different from his regular immunisations. No other side effects. And he's fine getting them done too, cries for about 5 seconds before he's distracted by either boobs or bubbles!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @gingermillie did you end up getting the Bexsero shots? I was about to start a thread on it and saw this.

We had 6 month shots today and the doc mentioned Bexsero as an optional extra but that there was a current supply issue so we will have to wait for stock if we want it. Considering a little boy almost died last year locally from mcl, I am pretty keen to get my boys vaccinated.

Anyone else had it recently? Did you have any issues with stock etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had our daughter vaccinated just before 6 months. She will have the second one in a month. She was a little grumpy but nothing major. Just make sure you give Panadol before and regularly for the following 48 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    We had our daughter vaccinated just before 6 months. She will have the second one in a month. She was a little grumpy but nothing major. Just make sure you give Panadol before and regularly for the following 48 hours.
    What state are you in A&S? Any mention of a vaccine shortage? Could just be qld (seems to be common up here...).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Bexsero meningococcal b vaccine

DS2 17 weeks and ds1 (2) have both had the bexero meningitis b vax (which I assume is the same thing). Ds1 only needed two jabs since he was 2, the first one made his leg quite sore for about a week but that was it. Ds2 had one dose at 8 weeks and the second at 16 (third will be at one year). He was quite unsettled about 4 hours after the first dose but did fine with the second. You give 3 doses of paracetomal in the hours after and when he was unsettled he had slept through the time I could give him his second dose, once it kicked in he calmed down. They just put it on the schedule for infants here so ds2's were free but ds1's were £240!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Re: paracetomal, here they tell us 1 dose immediately after then another 4-6 hours later and another again 4-6 hours later (with a total of3). I haven't found that either needed more than that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    What state are you in A&S? Any mention of a vaccine shortage? Could just be qld (seems to be common up here...).
    They ran out over here a few months ago because a toddler died from men b and everyone ran out to get their children done privately. A lot of places actually stopped doing it privately so that they had stock for the infants since they're the only ones on the NHS schedule. Luckily we did ds1 beforehand!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (22-09-2016)