+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Am I being too overboard?

My hubby and I have been married for 7 years and purposely delayed trying for children twice! Now we are ready, I am super excited and I don't want to be unprepared but at the same time I don't want to become obsessive.

This is my last month on the pill, I've been taking Elevit for 2 months, I've downloaded the Ovia app and finding it interesting. I plan for June to be a month to see what my body does then TTC as of July.

I have a saliva OPK, I've the pee test one and keep hearing mixed reviews so I'm planning to buy a thermometer. Plus I know I have to watch my CM. I'm really excited and think that getting these items will get me ready for July...but am I being too overboard?

Which strategy will tell me that I'll be due to ovulate in a couple of days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nothing wrong with being prepared.
    When trying for DD2 i had DH making menevit - figured it all couldnt hurt so why not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was exactly the same with my first, I think it's actually fabulous to know what your body is doing and to get back in tune. Only suggestion is to not overwhelm non ttc people in real life and to use bubhub instead. Only because it's like minded people and we understand the excitement over cervical mucus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with marternidade about overwhelming others but will add to also take care not to overwhelm your hubby. It is easy for a fella to start to feel 'used' when it seems like DTD is focused entirely around dates and temperatures. Plus it puts a lot of pressure on the deed, taking the pleasure out of it.

It took us a while with #2 and in the end I completely hid any cycle tracking I was doing from DH. He still believes "it happened when we stopped trying" but I was 100% trying as much as any cycle!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (13-05-2016),maternidade  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks guys!! I feel better and can definitely see how this forum will really help! Im only 31 but most of my friends had their babies a few years ago and they weren't 'trying too hard' and now I have a couple of friends having serious trouble TTC so at times it can feel tough to know who to speak to. Everyone around me is excited that I'm nearly ready to TTC but I doubt they'll want all of the details!!! Hehe 😊 thanks again!