+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiceo View Post
    I would only really have a problem with the lip kiss thing everything else is sort of a non issue for me as i have found that lots of daycare workers are very friendly and helpful and lots of them do babysit kids they look after all day every day.
    Same, in fact I was ecstatic to find out dd1 carer is back into babysitting. dd1 loves her, I trust her 100% I know she's fully qualified and all reference checked.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Danza View Post

ETA: I have often wondered if I could ask educators to babysit for us, but I wasn't sure if I could or should, or if it was a 'done thing', or if there were daycare policies against it, etc. I'd be pleased to get an offer from an educator for paid babysitting if required

Everyone on my street that needs babysitters (a street full of shift workers) all use the same girl, who is a staff member at the preschool that the kids go to. It works so well for everyone. We haven't used her (I'm a drag-my-kids-to-everything mum haha) but I only hear rave reviews. And it's handy because the kids know her already.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree that the kissing on the lips is overstepping the mark- but everything else just seems to be her feeling too 'familiar' & not being overly professional with you, but definitely not a case for dismissal. Remember the centre would have to adhere to fair work guidelines for when they are allowed to dismiss someone. Some of the things she has said err on the side of innappropriate, but it does feel a bit nitpicky - like you've just listed everything she's said that irks you. Instead of taking the list to management, I would have spoken to the director about kissing on the lips & the centre policy on physical touch. I would have asked the director to address the kissing, but nothing else. In the centre where I worked, we had a policy in which staff were not allowed to babysit kids in the centre - but it is usually really common for daycare workers to babysit out of hours.

I would be most concerned with cold sore HSV1 transmission through lip kissing
    And deff do not think it's appropriate for someone outside the immediate family to do it kissing is an intimate action of love

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristyj For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (14-05-2016)