+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Severe endometriosis - Trying to decide on the doctor for IVF

Ladies,

I had severe endometriosis and last July Dr. Michael Cooper along with Dr. Michael Solomon had performed the surgery. It was a complex surgery, lasted over 4 hours and involved double bowel resection.

After that the doctors had advised us to try naturally for 6 months before moving to IVF. It has been 7 months now since we have been trying (post the surgery, another 12 pre surgery) and we have decided to move to IVF now.

All our tests (AMH, blood tests, chromosome testing etc.) has been done and all the tests are normal. I was particularly pleased to see a very healthy level of ovarian reserves (20)

We are now trying to decide re our IVF doctor and have boiled it down to two choices:
    1. Dr. Michael Cooper who performed the surgery originally
    2. Dr. Gabrielle Dezarnaulds - she performed successful IVF on our friends who had severe endo as well, and she has highly recommended Dr. Gabrille

We have seen both doctors but can't still make a decision. So we thought we would ping people on this forum and see if the feedback might help us make a decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do either do obstetrics as well? What labs do they work with? Some labs are better than others.... So either of those might help sway u....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am preggo thanks to Dr Cooper I think he is great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr cooper has Dr Kowalski in his rooms and he is an awesome obstetrician couldn't be happier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisau77 - both work with Genea. So that's not a differentiator.

Kittydefleur - that's great to hear. Congratulations!!

We really need to decide in the next day or two. So we would really appreciate hearing from others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is Thier on call cycle/ set up , that's a good thing to consider u chances of getting them for delivery or ur chance of getting s/o else or worse s/o u don't like.....or r they same group?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisau77 View Post
    What is Thier on call cycle/ set up , that's a good thing to consider u chances of getting them for delivery or ur chance of getting s/o else or worse s/o u don't like.....or r they same group?
    Do people go through the same doctor who did IVF for OB? We were planning to use Dr Keith Hartman as our OB? But if OB and FS are part of th same team, then we might have to first find out who Dr Gabrielle uses as her OB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob was also my fs, I didn't like the on call set up and considered going elsewhere but he agreed to pop in and do my (elective) Cs if I didn't make the date. But he was a friend of my hubbies ( an ob too) so not something that would be an option for everyone. But some in smaller groups are more available....