+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default temperature alarm?

My almost 4 month old sleeps through the night but her room gets quite cold. I have a heater in there but am terrified it is going to get too hot as it doesn't have a thermostat. Her video monitor has a temp and alarm on it but I can't have the sound on in my room because she sleeps with music on all night and I don't want to hear that. So the alarm doesn't work when it is on silent.
    Does anyone know of a temperature alarm that I can get that works remotely?
    I have a gro egg as well but of course you can't monitor that from another room and it has no alarm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not an alarm but you could buy a heatermate which costs about $30. You plug that into the powerpoint then plug the heater into it. It's a thermostat so you just set the desired temp and it will automatically turn the heater on and off as needed to maintain that temperature. I found it brilliant last winter in my baby's room

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Not an alarm but you could buy a heatermate which costs about $30. You plug that into the powerpoint then plug the heater into it. It's a thermostat so you just set the desired temp and it will automatically turn the heater on and off as needed to maintain that temperature. I found it brilliant last winter in my baby's room
    Mind blown. I never knew these existed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I second the heater mate. We bought one about a week ago and it's brilliant! $39.95 from the good guys (it cost more than the heater 😂) but definitely worth it. We have it set to 21 or 22 (I keep playing with it, can't decide which temp I prefer) and it's been working really well to keep the chill out of the air without getting too hot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Yep - these are great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wonderful thankyou exactly what I was looking for!
    I see them online for $40 and an extra $10 for postage, I don't have any stores around me that sell them as I am in a rural area but for $50 I'm happy to purchase one!
    Thankyou again.