Closed Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @turquoisecoast

I haven't dropped my nap/siesta yet. I'm 32 this year. The longest I've gone without a day rest/nap is 4 days. My WHOLE family naps.

7-7 is simply weird to me and my lifestyle. But if it makes others happy - fine.
    On that note. It's nap time for me. My 4yo is snoring as is my baby.

Zzzz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Geez lucky for some. I would pay good money for a day nap. Not having a dig I am genuinely jealous! 😂

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Spinoff - when does it become okay to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Why would that upset them? Are they being mistreated?

You had your folks look after your dd earlier so she didn't have to go to CC for a bit. From memory they also looked after your DD whilst you were on mat leave.

What's the difference????

It's grandparent care. For whatever reason.

Dh and I spent a 1.5yrs working opp shifts to avoid CC. We barely saw each other in waking hours. Never mind actually sleeping in the same bed. The sort of system Rachel has organized would have been brilliant for us. We would have had some valuable alone and together time.

I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it.
    The difference is none of it was done so I could live the non-child life. It was to keep everyone in my family sane. So my DS could enjoy 1 on 1 time with me. DD got that being the first born, I didn't want DS to totally miss out on that.

It wasn't to go out to nice dinners and sleep in and relax and do what I wanted, to be footloose and fancy free.

Are you trying to get me to change my mind on my opinion? Trying to make me sound like a hypocrite? Why is it okay for you to judge certain situations, but here I am making a judgement call, backing up my opinions with reasons and where I see the difference in 2 situations and Im having my whole parenting history brought up.

I'll say it for the last time IMO (that's all it is MY opinion) having grandparents look after a child for 2 nights in a row every.single.week so you can live it up and do what you want when you want is IMO a selfish thing to do.

Leaving your kids in childcare or with grandparents while you work to give your kids the best life you can and yes keep some sanity in your own life is looking after THEIR needs, not MY needs. You know child lead parenting!?

The other scenario is putting themselves first EVERY SINGLE WEEK for that amount of time is parent lead and selfish.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 13-05-2016 at 13:35.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (13-05-2016),KitiK  (13-05-2016),VicPark  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't see the huge big deal with Rachael and her husbands choice.
    One works during the day, while the other one has the daughter all day, then they swap over, the one who had the daughter leaves and goes to work, while the other parent gets home and looks after the daughter.
    So both parents are doing it alone with their daughter (without the other parent to fall back on, get support from etc) for the whole time the other parent is working. They both have to work either before or after caring for their daughter and don't seem to be in the same spot together for long, before one goes to work.
    Looks like Friday night,Saturday day&night and Sunday are their days off at the moment, so they split the time, with spending time together as a couple as don't get that opportunity during the week, and grandparents having time with their grandbaby, plus family day Sunday.
    What's the big deal?

It may not be everyone's favourite idea of how to do things, but it seems to work for them and their child, so why would that concern anyone? I don't understand?

A successful marriage does need work and effort. If by them investing time into each other gives them a long happy marriage and their daughter parents who arent divorced as they never got to see each other or get time out, then that's great.
    A lot of children who are lucky enough to have grandparents still alive, have an extremely close bond with them and very fond memories of their childhood from the time spent with Grandparents.

Their child also seems to get more 1 on 1 time with each parent than a lot of families doing the 9-5 routines.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to monroe78 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (13-05-2016),Elijahs Mum  (13-05-2016),HillDweller  (13-05-2016),lulupetal  (13-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe78 View Post
    I don't see the huge big deal with Rachael and her husbands choice.
    One works during the day, while the other one has the daughter all day, then they swap over, the one who had the daughter leaves and goes to work, while the other parent gets home and looks after the daughter.
    So both parents are doing it alone with their daughter (without the other parent to fall back on, get support from etc) for the whole time the other parent is working. They both have to work either before or after caring for their daughter and don't seem to be in the same spot together for long, before one goes to work.
    Looks like Friday night,Saturday day&night and Sunday are their days off at the moment, so they split the time, with spending time together as a couple as don't get that opportunity during the week, and grandparents having time with their grandbaby, plus family day Sunday.
    What's the big deal?

It may not be everyone's favourite idea of how to do things, but it seems to work for them and their child, so why would that concern anyone? I don't understand?

A successful marriage does need work and effort. If by them investing time into each other gives them a long happy marriage and their daughter parents who arent divorced as they never got to see each other or get time out, then that's great.
    A lot of children who are lucky enough to have grandparents still alive, have an extremely close bond with them and very fond memories of their childhood from the time spent with Grandparents.

Their child also seems to get more 1 on 1 time with each parent than a lot of families doing the 9-5 routines.
    OMG. Perfectly said.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

monroe78  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    The difference is none of it was done so I could live the non-child life. It was to keep everyone in my family sane. So my DS could enjoy 1 on 1 time with me. DD got that being the first born, I didn't want DS to totally miss out on that.

It wasn't to go out to nice dinners and sleep in and relax and do what I wanted, to be footloose and fancy free.

Are you trying to get me to change my mind on my opinion? Trying to make me sound like a hypocrite? Why is it okay for you to judge certain situations, but here I am making a judgement call, backing up my opinions with reasons and where I see the difference in 2 situations and Im having my whole parenting history brought up.

I'll say it for the last time IMO (that's all it is MY opinion) having grandparents look after a child for 2 nights in a row every.single.week so you can live it up and do what you want when you want is IMO a selfish thing to do.

Leaving your kids in childcare or with grandparents while you work to give your kids the best life you can and yes keep some sanity in your own life is looking after THEIR needs, not MY needs. You know child lead parenting!?

The other scenario is putting themselves first EVERY SINGLE WEEK for that amount of time is parent lead and selfish.
    I'm trying to say there is no difference to me if the kid is cared for by grandparents if parents are working or having awesome s3X.

I'm saying that that's irrelevant. Kid is safe. All is well.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (13-05-2016),monroe78  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm trying to say there is no difference to me if the kid is cared for by grandparents if parents are working or having awesome s3X.

Id rather be doing the latter 😂😂

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (13-05-2016),monroe78  (13-05-2016),VicPark  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Really because if it's an ongoing thing that's a big bloody difference to me. Ones lazy and selfish and the other ones not (in my honest and openly judgemental opinion).
    Last edited by VicPark; 13-05-2016 at 20:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

7-7 is simply weird to me and my lifestyle. But if it makes others happy - fine.
    Maybe I'm too sensitive - your endorsement of the 7-7 doesn't seem that enthusiastic? to me. Covertly judgmental perhaps.
    Last edited by VicPark; 13-05-2016 at 20:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Really because if it's an ongoing thing that's a big bloody difference to me. Ones lazy and selfish and the other ones not (in my honest judgemental opinion).
    Do you think parents who put their kids into daycare a couple of days per week when one of them is not working are lazy and selfish?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast