Closed Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I understand where you're coming from.
    I didn't ask how she relates to her husband though, I asked if he is aware of her online persona and if she finds being in the battlefield all day long online mentally exhausting; and how her hubby felt about it all.
    I guess it is quite a personal question, but I didn't mean it to offend. Wasn't my intention... Although I guess it's quite poignant in highlighting how bringing a person's life outside of the hub up in a forum can cause distress and offense.
    I understand and love you lots. Like I said, I'm not making much sense tonight xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Spinoff - when does it become okay to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Yep. See how I don't beat about the bush? Not just you though - another few questioning her state of mind, how she relates to her husband?
    I'm not saying I'm a fan of VP (I actually feel rude talking about her in the third person) I called her a "horrible, horrible person" a few weeks back (and I stand by that) but what does it achieve? VP will never back down - she's like Marty Mcfly being called a chicken - you quote her and she'll fight to the death.
    Sorry, I'm rambling.
    I'm confused. I was going to thank you but now after re-reading I think you're back on this horrible persons **** list.

For the record - happy to back down on any issue, if I can be convinced my assessment was likely incorrect. That's how I work - appeal to the brain first not the heart.

In relation to the Finchy thread, things that may change my mind:
    - further details on how finchy may be working on her days off (my ears did prick up when a poster mentioned that possibility).
    - indications there may be health issues meaning finchy and her beau need 'extra' respite
    - information that Finchy isn't clubbing it up every Friday and Saturday night
    - details on finchys age, life before kids and marital status (hard to explain - may help remove preconceived biases that I have).
    - information on finchys other activities that would indicate she doesn't just care about material things even though she's a model (yeah I know, judging because she's a model).

I think where there is a situation that doesn't make sense to me - in the absence of a lot of information I tend to judge on the limited facts available anyway - and yes when doing so I do tend to err on the side of half glass empty. Walking alone down a dark street at night, man walking towards me ... Yes I will cross the road if I get the chance.

I'm not expecting people to hand me this information on a silver platter. I don't necessarily care if I ever find the answer. Just thought that talking about my moi's mind works is relevant to the thread in that it shows insight into how/why people judge.

Now that I've stripped off naked and laid myself bare, I'm off to bed.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I understand and love you lots. Like I said, I'm not making much sense tonight xx
    It's OK and you know the feeling is totes mutual xx
    I get how my post could've been taken the wrong way.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm confused. I was going to thank you but now after re-reading I think you're back on this horrible persons **** list.

For the record - happy to back down on any issue, if I can be convinced my assessment was likely incorrect. That's how I work - appeal to the brain first not the heart.

- further details on how finchy may be working on her days off (my ears did prick up when a poster mentioned that possibility).
    - indications there may be health issues meaning finchy and her beau need 'extra' respite
    - details on finchys age, life before kids and marital status (hard to explain - may help remove preconceived biases that I have).
    - information on finchys other activities that would indicate she doesn't just care about material things even though she's a model (yeah I know, judging because she's a model).

I think where there is a situation that doesn't make sense to me - in the absence of a lot of information I tend to judge on the limited facts available anyway - and yes when doing so I do tend to err on the side of half glass empty. Walking alone down a dark street at night, man walking towards me ... Yes I will cross the road if I get the chance.

I'm not expecting people to hand me this information on a silver platter. I don't necessarily care if I ever find the answer. Just thought that talking about my moi's mind works is relevant to the thread in that it shows insight into how/why people judge.

Thank you for explaining how you view it.

Because of this I creeped on her Instagram. All I saw over a few months of photos were lots of her working (almost every day) and several photos and videos of a very happy child. One of her and her husband out at night.

So I take from that:

- She works a lot and from the events she's at yes that includes weekends

- Her child is loved.

And that's enough for me. No I don't think she has mental health issues that require respite from her child. I think she and her husband work unusual jobs at unusual hours and instead of childcare they use a grandparent.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

It's simple.
    I don't like you but I didn't like the way the thread was heading because it seemed unfair to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Spinoff - when does it become okay to judge?

It's simple.
    I don't like you but I didn't like the way the thread was heading because it seemed unfair to you.
    And calling someone a horrible horrible person (again) and reiterating that you don't like them is the way to get things back on track? I know you're a longstanding member here and have been through a rough time so I don't want to upset you - but geesus - take a long hard look in the mirror luv!

I'm out.
    Last edited by VicPark; 16-05-2016 at 23:03.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Phony  (17-05-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm out.
    I'm (literally) quoting you on that! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And calling someone a horrible horrible person (again) and reiterating that you don't like them is the way to get things back on track? I know you're a longstanding member here and have been through a rough time so I don't want to upset you - but geesus - take a long hard look in the mirror luv!

I'm out.
    I'm ok with my reflection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Wow this turned ugly tonight.

I'm out too. I thought we were getting somewhere but this is all just depressing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm out.
    I'm sick of trying.
    I don't even know why I'm here.
    I'll take my ugly reflection and be on my way but I'll always be true to myself.
    Kindness.
    Integrity.
    Bravery.

Signing off